Anyone who thinks Dooley can't manage games....

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Unimane, Nov 19, 2011.

1. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

He was very upset at the assistants, it was pretty obvious. I have to be honest that there was a moment there that I thought he might not challenge it for some reason. I'm also surprised that it was overturned,I definitely heard and whistle on the play and on the replay.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It was definitely a bad night for the officials.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Glad he is pissed. Hope he shows the same level of compassion when deciding whether or not to bring them back next year.

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I wouldn't doubt it Jo. I was in the stadium. There was no way I was gonna hear a whistle over the din. I will say that the official used his foot to spot the ball, but I didn't see him waving his arms to kill the play.

5. JayVols

My bad brother. I was really wanting a fg at the end of regulation. I had picked 24-21 Vols. I would have won $75 worth of gift cards. I had a lot invested in that series of events....

6. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I watched him wave his arms and blow his whistle over and over on DVR. They made a bad call so that a horrible call would be overturned, making things turn out like they should have all along.

7. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I would've been scared s***less if I was having to rely on Palardy to kick the game winning FG. I can't believe how absolutely awful he is. Darr is marginally better at his craft. He's not absolutely awful, just awful.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Palardy as a punter is probably the best thing we have going in the kicking game.

9. JayVols

Wow. I saw the ref just before Gordon crossed the 20 going in. I dont think he would have made it out alive. I saw several questionable calls/ noncalls. The holding penalty on Barthalomew looked like a complete horseshit call on the jumbotron.

10. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

It looked pretty bad on TV, too. I wonder if they called the wrong number. Dallas was in the middle of the field as well.

11. JayVols

Was Rogers outside the tackle box on the throw awsy early in the game on the snap that sailed over his head? I didn't have the greatest angle, but it didn't look like it to me. Plus, I didn't think the ball crossed the LOS.

12. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

i loved the ref saying it was ruled a recovered fumble. That was hilarious.

13. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Fantastic. I may start referring to interceptions as air fumbles.

14. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

There was. You could hear it on the replay.

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Cover up for blowing the whistle for no reason IMO.

The head ref said after talking to the other officials that no whistle was blown. You could hear it plain as day on the replay, and see the guy waving his arms as Gordon ran to pay dirt. Dude fouled up blowing the whistle, and they fixed it. JMO

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

the conversation with the replay booth was probably something like 'uhh y'all just [uck fay]ed this up, so let's get out of here with our lives'.

the SEC has already released a statement saying the play shouldn't have been reviewed.

17. TRUVOL

TRUVOL New Member

He was trying to talk to the ref and they were in his grill.

18. JayVols

You're probably right. Screw the SEC. If we had been screwed by that horrible call, I'm not sure the officials' safety could have been guaranteed. Want to improve officiating? Have some freaking public accountability with financial consequences for those guys.

19. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Sounds like Bray was having issues, so they called a timeout. Must have decided it was not worth risking a turnover, so they took the knee.

20. JayVols

Ok. I will back off my original rant if they were having those type issues. I still would have liked to have seen the TO taken with 12 or 13 seconds left. However, there were still enough issues to doubt the quality of coaching. I admit that I tend to react too quickly sometimes. Just glad to get an SEC win (even if it took OT to beat Vandy), keep our bowl hopes alive, and guarantee that we remain one of the only two D-1A schools to never have an 8 or more loss season.