POLITICS AOC Election Chances

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Savage Orange, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Cauliflower makes me gag. Awful, awful veggie.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

She essentially said cauliflower is racist. She’s a retard

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Well it is white

NorrisAlan likes this.
  4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

She is just dumb (in the inexperienced way) and young and full of ideologies and a platform that gets her in trouble. On this stage, you speak on the fly like that and you will invariably say stupid things and they get recorded for all time.

Saying anything about colonialism in this context was stupid and have no idea what the hell she is talking about. It deflects from an otherwise fantastic idea. You don't have to cross pollinate all of your ideologies all the damn time.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Her party is in large part the ones responsible for the lack of urban farms through their centralized planning and zoning.

6. NorrisAlan

Will someone define "urban farming" for me, please? Are we talking about potted tomato plants on a balcony in downtown New York or an active farm in Central Park?

7. Ssmiff

Shes a bartender/actress who dems hired during interviews with random people, as if they are a mlm company.

Butthole likes this.
  8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

She's not dumb, by any means. She's demonstrated a level of intelligence on a number of occasions and I think she is quite good in committees and questioning those brought before the House. I mean, everyone has dumb ideas and things they say from time to time.

However, like many young ideologues, she lacks a filter and doesn't realize every idea in her head is not necessarily a good one. My ex-wife was like this. Smart woman, but she'd come up with ideas and you could never, ever convince her otherwise no matter how foolish they were.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    The Dooz and NorrisAlan like this.
  9. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

My wife tried to mash cauliflower one time and pass it off as mashed potatoes. Thinking about it now, this should have been a red flag.

Ssmiff and NorrisAlan like this.
  10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'd say that most things she questions are actually questions her staff came up with. You can tell when she goes off script, she starts getting a little out there. I think a decent sign of intelligence is knowing when to not say some of the off the wall stuff she says.

11. NorrisAlan

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

An active farm but with technology it’s at a micro level that can produce tons of food with limited space, if allowed by zoning and regulations.

There’s some crazy stuff that you can do with high tunnel houses and proper planning.

Which takes a lot of the carbon out of the food chain since so much of our fruits and veggies is just shipping water. And it’s always inefficient to haul water.

There’s an exNBA player named Will Allen that is considered the god father of modern urban farming. Look up some of his YouTube stuff.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

please give some examples

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

if you think that was what she was saying, you're throwing stones from a glass house.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

this is a lie. she primaried against the 4th most powerful Democrat in Congress.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

what makes cauliflower "colonial?"

“But when you really think about it -- when someone says that it’s ‘too hard’ to do a green space that grows Yucca instead of, I don’t know, cauliflower or something -- what you’re doing is you’re taking a colonial approach to environmentalism,” Ocasio-Cortez said.

“That is why a lot of communities of color get resistant to certain environmentalist movements because they come with the colonial lens on them.”

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

another gem from the article:

18. Ssmiff

And what was the video interview with her in a cafe? It wasnt dem party reps seeking out what they found?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

telling someone not to grow yucca but rather something else is colonial, or telling someone to grow cabbage and not cauliflower. let people grow what they want and is familiar to them.

I don't understand why you think she was saying cauliflower itself was colonial. yucca isn't native to NY either.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Democrats party reps? No.