POLITICS AOC Election Chances

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Savage Orange, Mar 11, 2019.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If said bar is using a line of credit to fiance there liquor inventory is the bank liable for the over serve as well?

justingroves and RockyHill like this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

they cut their credit off when they lose their liquor license. there is no mechanism for building a leaky infrastructure project. besides, you'll pay to clean it up or be the one drinking the water, so I guess if you're fine covering it, they can take their returns and go. the company they funded can just fold when the heat is on them.

happens over and over and over.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Wouldn't tort laws cover the majority of it.

We as a society also benefit from those same fuels. It's not a one way street.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

we as a society own those minerals in the first place.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

No. The property owners or holds the mineral rights owns the minerals.

warhammer and lylsmorr like this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

who is the property owner of federal property? these wells and pipelines are coming from federal land, in significant part.

"No." 26 million acres of yes.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

also, I will argue the legality and justice of decoupling mineral rights and surface rights until the end of time. it was and is utter bullshit.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I understand people selling mineral rights but wanting to keep the land. I've always ask when I buy a property, if the mineral rights are tied to it.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Federal Land is different, but on private land society doesn't own it.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

how far 'down' do mineral rights go? Obviously, my property stops so many feet above my house, or planes couldn't fly over it.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

to the core, but any deposits that extend into other people's property is split equally. And if an interested party owns adjacent land, they can drill under your land whether you have mineral rights or not. this is of course hilariously unrestrictive, as any detectable and viable deposit is going to be far more extensive than a few acres, and in the case of oil and gas it is also able to be siphoned, gathered, pooled, etc.

this is a major issue in Colorado. a capped well in a subdivision exploded and killed a family a couple of years ago.

also, bad news about how far above your property you actually have rights to. it's more limited than you think, if push ever came to shove.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Damage is already done if someone drank to much and killed someone. They should have never given them the money to fund their inventory that could potential get someone killed. Has to be the banks fault.

RockyHill likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

there has to be some level of responsibility. not all the risk should be put off on the public.

14. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

So any lender should bear some responsibility for any and all negligence or illegal activity committed by the borrower? GTFO.

A-Smith, zehr27 and lylsmorr like this.
  15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Might as well shut down the lending industry, then, because it will be damn near impossible to get a loan.

justingroves and zehr27 like this.
  16. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Bingo

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

The risk is going to the operator and owner.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

who suffer no real consequence by burning cash on hand and financing as they go. hence the problem.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

drink west Virginia water.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

everybody hates cancer, nobody gives a shit about carcinogens. we will reap what we sow.

zehr27 likes this.