Appalachian St vs #9 Tennessee Vols

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by **TDCVOL**, Aug 31, 2016.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Ha congrats

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

this was posted on volquest:

"Two linebackers from ASU (Appalachian State) may be the best in the country. From sideline to sideline as good as any I've seen in several years. You can tell they are one of the best coaches units I've seen."

"Appy State will likely beat Miami and probably win out after our game. Furthermore, last year Ohio State went all season playing crappy teams close (none of which were as good as Appy State) then lost a narrow game to Michigan State or they would have been in the playoff."

"Last night was a trap game, plain and simple. I'm not defending their play because they allowed it to be a trap game. Our team plays in the biggest game in football history next weekend (VA TECH), and App State is stacked with experience.

"Just rewatched the game. I think Butch wanted it to happen this way. He wanted to teach this team about being resilient and how to preservere through oppression for games down the road. I bet they didn't use 20% of their playbook. Saving it for later."

"But, hey Hurd can run 23mph on a treadmill."

3. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

This is really pitiful. They need a lot of help.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I agree with him that appy state's defensive talent is probably on par with the likes of Indiana and Minnesota, but he completely loses it when he says butch wanted the game to be close to teach them how to win.

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I wish I was half as optimistic as they are.

6. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I'm sure he wanted to OL moving around like a malfunctioning tecmo bowl. What genius.

7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Not something someone wants to be proud of.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

seems like every year we are told by volnation that butch is going to open up the playbook after week 1. been waiting 4 years for it to happen.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

that isn't optimistic. that's plain ole everyday stupid.

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Clearly you're one of the reasons the team played poorly. You need to show more support to win in the SEC.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Did Kyle Phillips play at all last night?

12. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Here's a direct quote from one of my professional friends that does this for a living.

"Well.......Tennessee is flat terrible.

Who ever designed this offense with that talent should be fired before they hit the bus....."

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's truly astonishing that we have as many coaches on the offensive staff as we do and not one of them has figured out that we cannot run the ball in this scheme without Dobbs keeping on the read regularly. I mean, it's freaking year 4 and it's been obvious as hell every game.

I know DeBord sucks, but he's been coaching for around 8 decades. Surely he has to realize it? Azzani was with Urban Meyer for awhile. Mahoney has to be looking at other reasons besides his unit underperforming to justify the ineptitude. Gillespie has to know that Hurd and Kamara aren't garbage. You think this is all just Butch being stubborn?

14. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

The level of incompetence from trumpet blower and the Olympic sports administrator is quite overwhelming.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You know DeBord thought Drew Henson was better than Tom Brady. Watch Dormady end up winning multiple Super Bowls.

16. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Not sure what the hell to to say really. App St outplayed Tennessee last night. The Vols were very fortunate to win given how flat they were. They just didn't seem into it. App St looked well coached and prepared for the game. They've earned respect from me. I wish I felt the same about our staff/players right now.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i honestly think tenn losses if the app state qb/coach showed any urgency at all on that final drive.

18. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Agreed. Their coach could have handled that better for sure. Tennessee was very fortunate in multiple ways to come away with a win last night.

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal