Archie Manning quote that will surely send UT fans into hysteria....

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by CardinalVol, Dec 7, 2011.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I like Mike. His intensity is legendary. I think he could stare a statue down.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

That stare would turn Medusa into stone.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Peyton strikes me as one of the few elite players who could be successful as a coach because, unlike most athletes at his level, he achieved his status almost entirely as a result of extreme attention to detail from a very early age. Someone like Bird was similarly noted for his lack of athleticism, but he had an innate instinctiveness and skill set that aren't necessarily things that you can teach.

I mean, we have a guy in Peter Sirmon that was playing ball a couple of years ago and is set to be a DC any day now. It's not unreasonable for Peyton to get to that level upon retirement. I, obviously, wouldn't have him calling plays the day after he hangs it up for the Colts, but, unless he sits on his massive wad of cash, I could see him on the sidelines in some capacity.

4. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

That's the same look Custer saw on a few thousand Indians at Little Big Horn

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I actually have a friend that works at that. worked there last year and probably will get to again this year. Archie Manning sent him a [uck fay]ing good luck text before a couple of our games this year, as well as congrats texts afterwards. I was beyond jealous.

6. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Not sure -I don't follow basketball. However, if you think Manning would have any difficulty whatsoever recruiting a QB to Tennessee you've lost your mind.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What if the QB(s) he wants are Brady fans?

8. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Brady isn't coaching.

9. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I'm pretty sure under this hypothetical, Brady has just been hired at Michigan and has hired Charles Woodson as DC.

10. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Oh, den dey goin 2 michgan

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

That went over my head.

12. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

I think this is fair. He could be a good QB coach. That's about as far as I can take if for now, but it would be cool to see. He clearly has a deep understanding of the game