Arkansas Fires Petrino?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Tenacious D, Apr 9, 2012.

?

Will Petrino Be Fired at Arkansas?

Poll closed Jul 8, 2012.
  1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    61.1%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

It gets better and better and better.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The only real winner is the fiancé.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Is this a joke or new reports?

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Amazing how stupid this guy is. It's one thing to have an affair. It's another to bring your [uck fay]ing affair to work. Mind-boggling.

When you add this to his clandestine interview with Auburn while his former mentor was still the coach there, the grandiose feigned loyalty at Louisville, the cowardly exit from Atlanta, the petulant "[uck fay] you" incident with Les Miles....there's just a pattern of this guy being a dumb, dishonest dickhead. Believe his head coaching career is done.

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

True. Drops the amazonian whore before making the mistake of marrying her, gets a little bit of fame, and will probably be pulling some serious sympathy tail for the next several months if he plays his cards right.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Please let it come out he was wearing a hog hat while doing the dirty. Please, please, please.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Now we just need to find out that there in fact was no accident, but one was staged to cover the fact that his injuries actually occured during the ass-beating the fiance' gave him.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tenny D is a scary man who I never want to cross.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I think, looking long term, there's no way that the university could keep him around considering the circumstances. I think an angle not yet discussed (That I have seen) is that the university could have set themselves up for a serious lawsuit had they fired someone in, say, the admissions department for the same offense, but not Petrino. It would have significantly impaired their ability to enforce aspects of their employee contracts, I would think.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Interesting. Any lawyers agree with that assessment?

11. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Not trying to slam Unimane at all, but I seriously, seriously doubt that a Head Football Coach's contract remotely resembles an admissions worker's contract. So, I don't really think it would affect that aspect of things. The main problem, in my opinion, came with the difficulty of this scenario: if they kept Petrino, the girl must leave. If she is fired, she would sue the shit out of the school and most likely win, so they would have to pay her a pretty hefty sum to leave and be quiet. Then, her former fiance is also working in the AD. What do they do with him? There were just too many collateral problems to keep Petrino, in my opinion.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

13. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I really don't understand why so many are complicating this so much. Petrino was a scum bag and this adventure of his was a black eye on the flagship university of the state. Sure, the problems from volleygirl and volleygirl's fiance would create problems, but none of that stuff comes remotely close to Petrino lying to the AD, performing such an immoral act and then trying so hard to cover it up. 95% of the reason Petrino was fired rests on all him and how he is viewed and thus how it makes University of Arkansas look.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  14. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Petrino is a very accomplished texter.

15. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

and again I repeat: There is no need in complicating this. Petrino's firing is overwhelming based off of what Petrino did and how the black eye he gave the university not any repercussions from keeping him.

16. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

That'd be nice if that were the case; I'm always skeptical of people just by nature, so I really think had things not been so complicated, they would have tried to keep him.

17. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Sorry if you take this the wrong way, but:

DUH. Petrino is fully responsible for all the complications based off of his actions. Petrino hired the girl. Petrino had the affair with her. Petrino then lied about the accident. Petrino left the scene and instead of letting the police handle the situation properly, Petrino went and got and his personal security guard. See any trends?

18. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I wasn't arguing that Petrino wasn't fully responsible. My point was, regardless of the immorality of his actions, had they had an easy way to dispose of the girl, Petrino would still be there. I understood what you were saying to mean that they were simply firing him for giving the University a black eye. I think it was only because they literally had no other choice.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

You guys make it sound like he is already fired. Did I miss something?

20. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I feel completely confident that he would have been fired either way.