Arkansas

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 1, 2020.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

What seemed like a guaranteed win 2 months ago is now anything but. I still have no clue how talented they are, but they give it all theyve got every snap.

If we lose this game, this season is about to fall off a cliff.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Unless we ditch #2, we will lose.

3. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I watched them last night and they are very well coached and play really hard. Franks had a really nice game going 23/31 for 239 yards 3 TDs no picks and he ran it 16 times for 91 yards. They've somehow made him into a competent QB it seems. They only had 5 penalties for 51 yards didn't lose any fumbles. They are about to break one off in us this coming Saturday if we trot out 2. I'm sure their defense will give him fits. They'll give up some long plays but we aren't explosive enough with 2 at QB to beat them I don't think. And with Maurer who knows since he's got very limited reps.

If we lose it will be bad but if we go down there and lose something like 34-14 or 42-24 the natives will want Coach Gomer's head on a silver platter in time for Sunday supper. This is almost a must win game for him IMO. Because the only other win I see on our docket is Vandy. I've heard people say Auburn this and Auburn that and they aren't very good - and they aren't - but they are better than we are and they absolutely demolished LSU yesterday. A&M is going to come in here and go in dry on us. We'll beat Vandy because they are pathetic. And then Florida will boatrace us to end the year. So we are probably IMO looking at 4-6 at best even if we beat Arkansas unless Auburn just shits the bed or we are playing a different QB by then that's got enough live reps to make a damn bit of difference.

I never thought Coach Gomer's job could be in jeopardy after the way he finished last year and with this year being basically a throwaway. Then he keeps stubbornly playing 2 - loses to Kentucky - and here we are. Even if the team isn't very fun to watch they always manage to be interesting.

Memtownvol likes this.
  4. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Not to be overly dramatic about 1 game on the schedule......but this has possibly turned into one of the most important match-ups left on the schedule in terms of rebounding from the last 3 weeks.

Tar Volon and A-Smith like this.
  5. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Gitmo vs Ballpark Frank's. Whoever is the least terrible wins. Gonna be an ugly game.

6. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

They will mash TN running the ball on Saturday.

7. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

#TGWOFA

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If Tennessee loses, things get much uglier.

9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I see no reason to believe we will be competitive in, much less win, this game.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

If the team that played the first couple of weeks shows up we can win. Not sure where that team is right now

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Take Arkansas and the points

12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

They are beatable, but Franks is a better quarterback than we’ve faced all year (non-Alabama division). With our weakness over the middle, I’m pretty concerned. So far under Pruitt we’ve looked pretty solid coming out of the bye, and we desperately need that to continue this year.

13. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Had to check the line. We’re only laying three, so it’s pretty much just picking the winner. I think we’re probably better than perception after the last three games, but it remains to be seen whether we can pull our heads out of our asses

14. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Arkansas just played aTm and has Florida and LSU next. Maybe we're a trap game for them? Or maybe during the bye week we moved past the kid gloves offensive gameplan. Otherwise I think the line is about 2 TDs off.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If we are a trap game for [uck fay]ing Arkansas, kill me now.

Memtownvol, A-Smith and Tar Volon like this.
  16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

We're a highlight reel.

17. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Knowing us, we'll come out of the bye week, look sharp, win by 3 TDs, go in to the A&m feeling half decent about our chances and get blown off the field.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Seems to be Pruitt's MO

19. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

If we lose I’ll be forced to sport a razorbacks hat all day at work. C’mon gaurantano it’s time for you to earn Pruitt’s unwavering faith!!!!

20. juicemane

juicemane Member

The staff has winners. I think they figure it out. Vols win Saturday and go 4-1 down the stretch.