Arkansas

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

And Hyatt and Palmer are winning their matchups against most of the secondaries left on our schedule.

2. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Comfort is the key word. Once pressure gets to JG, he's pretty much rattled for the rest of the game. He starts making really stupid decisions. It's understandable. After playing behind shit lines and the amount of abuse he's taken for 3 years, I'd probably be the same way. At this point, he is best strictly as a back up QB. But I guess the coaches feel we don't have better options so here we are.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Meh, you know more than me. I've never been able to fully shake that he's a bammer playing with Tennessee's house money.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This makes me happy if no one else here, via Ubben -

Both were injured in preseason camp, and Beckwith suffered an ankle injury almost immediately after returning to the practice field from a stint in quarantine. He’d already been in quarantine during the summer and didn’t participate in summer workouts, so once the season arrived, he had almost no shot to contribute.

Beckwith is listed as a receiver and worked at tight end some during camp, but he’s back with the running backs. Now, both Beckwith and Hodge may be ready to contribute.

“We need more depth at running back,” Pruitt said. “We’ve really played three guys for the year, and have been very fortunate that those guys have stayed healthy, so we need to get those guys more of an opportunity.”

Eric Gray and Ty Chandler have handled most of the load at running back, with occasional appearances by Jabari Small. But fresh legs and a deep stable of running backs are always good. No team has ever had too many backs. Len’Neth Whitehead won’t contribute this year because of a shoulder injury that will require surgery, just after he returned to practice from a foot injury.

Hodge, the biggest healthy scholarship back on the roster at 6-foot-1 and 215 pounds, seemed to be a likely choice to handle short-yardage situation. But he hasn’t gotten a touch this year. Pruitt said he’s “getting his legs back under him” after a camp injury of his own, and he’s improved his acceleration and top-end speed as he’s gotten healthier.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pruitt on Hodge

He's a large man, aight

Lexvol likes this.
  6. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

no he won’t. The economics will protect him. You see, due to Covid no donors will back a buyout so he’s safe.

7. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

So..Hubbs says Friend had a false positive and Fulmer coached OL this week. Says he would have been optional game day coach if Friend couldn’t go.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Maybe Friend needs the rona

Volokie, Memtownvol and Lexvol like this.
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think he'll be fired this year, but he's used up every bit of equity he had with continuing to roll #2 out there. It will be easy to can him when he screws up again by just pointing out his hard headedness towards #2

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

First, Friend. Then, Chaney. Last, Pruitt.

Fulmer waging biological warfare.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The craziest thing about Fulmer at the end was when he was OC, the offense was wide open and fun.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The tight end reverse pass

Memtownvol and CardinalVol like this.
  13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Also, after he was fired and coached those last few games (outside of the Wyoming game, because everyone knew how that was going to go down), the team sprang to life, he was coaching without fear for the first time in 10 years and it was awesome.

14. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

I've never believed in Friend's ability. The olinemen we have on roster should be blowing teams off the ball.

Memtownvol likes this.
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Friend is a very mediocre oline coach

16. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

So A. Taylor didn’t make the trip. Been out since the UK game hasn’t he?

17. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I think he played against Bama.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He did

19. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Doubt I’ll be able to stomach this one for very long.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

"J son you gonna watch Vols with me tonight"
    --JG playing?
    "Yep"
    --nope