Armani Moore Commits To Tennessee.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by LawVol13, Mar 20, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Chris Warren, Terrico White, Zach Graham, et al. He was also really good at evaluating guys when he was an assistant at Cincinnati. I'll take my chances.

2. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Jarvis Summers is pretty solid.

3. volwarrior33

volwarrior33 Member

Miller and Washpun are done as Vols from what Rob Lewis and others have said. Leaves us with one more scholarship, maybe two, depending on what happens with Chievous. One of those schollys will be a JUCO PG obviously.

4. germanicus

germanicus New Member

Not at all. Those were good players.

but you can't go fishing in the Ole Miss pond consistently, without ending up with the Ole Miss team/program, which - for the University of Tennessee - is aiming too low.

5. hatvol96

Which pond would you recommend fishing in this time of year? The one that produced stars like Bobby Maze and Melvin Goins? It's not like the late signing period is loaded with talent.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

volwarrior, what did rob lewis say?

And I would gladly take a Terrico White.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

The situation and time of year puts a ceiling on what kind of player is available. I do worry about martin and recruiting, but anuthing happening right now is fairly irrelevant anyway in terms of him being able to land top guys or not

8. hatvol96

2013 will tell the tale about Coach Martin's recruiting. He's likely going to end up having 3 or more scholarships and will needing to fill major holes.

9. volwarrior33

volwarrior33 Member

"I think the fact that even with the clear need for a back-up this season, and after having already burned his redshirt they still buried him on the bench was a pretty dramatic statement aim Washpun.

Cheivous may leave as well but I haven't seen any signs that Washpun can be a contributor at this level."

He also hinted this weekend that Miller is gone.

10. germanicus

germanicus New Member

I would take Bobby Maze for this team next season in a heartbeat. If he'd been on this past team, they are in the NCAA's no question.

As for the late signing period, you're correct in that there's not a lot of talent. The big stars have been waiting around to see what kind of roster spots are opening for the teams sending kids to the NBA. But, if you can't find a kid to help you NEXT year - and I'd be skeptical this kid can do that - why not save the ship for the 2013 class, where you seem to have a lot of momentum?

Don't load up on guys who'll either clog up your roster or put you in the position of having to cut them.

The other part of my rant is just frustration that this kid seems in no way to address the ball-handling upgrade this team needs to be competitive NEXT year. It would be a crying shame to waste Maymon and Stokes in the post because you don't have guards who can bring the ball up the floor and deliver an entry pass.

11. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Pulled a Nancy Kerrigan when I first saw. I guess I've settled down some, though.

Anyone else feel like pulling the scholarship from Miller would be a bit dirty? Thinking more about the opportunity to graduate college aspect here than anything athletic, although I guess all of the transfers to date could make that a tall task. I guess he'd be eligible one more year in 13-14? Do guys like that get picked up?

Not that I don't want the room for a PG, by the way.