Assassins Creed III

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BearCat204, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Still haven't played this and now there's a new one coming out. Pirates? Lol

2. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I'm not sure I'll even invest any time in the new one, honestly. It's a good series.....but I just don't view these as "must plays" anymore. I beat the first two games in the series and they were fun.......but I only got 2 or 3 hours into III before I stopped playing. I'm just not hooked by them like some are.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

it took 2 or 3 hours for me to get into III. i liked it quite a bit, but not as much as 2

4. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

they've made too many of them. The modern day story has been drug out way too long, but people will keep buying them until it's over.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I just got tired of doing the same thing over and over and over again. Plus the setting of the older ones interested me a lot more than the American revolution or pirates do. Civil war and slavery is gonna work it's way in here at some point. Maybe we will get to play as JWB.

6. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Can you imagine? That would be some all-time controversy, not just video games.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Tell me about it. It would kind of go against the credo of the game, that the assassins have always been the "good guys," though.

8. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

JWB is a templar though

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Anyone preorder 4?

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Na. I just bought GTA V and am strongly considering Battlefield 4 (looks phenominal). My friends keep pushing me to get NHL 14 as well.

I did go back and play through the older Assassin's Creed games a little bit after getting back from Italy. Pretty sick to see all that stuff in person halfway across the world and think "damn, i climbed that in a video game."

11. JohnnyQuickkick

I was looking at all that stuff for hand holds and foot holds. I thought a lot of it could be climbed by somebody with skills. AC2 inspired my trip, not ashamed to admit.

12. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

I think it's time for them to wrap the series up. I enjoyed 3 but something was missing from making it a great game

13. fl0at_

The rushed production schedule and them already planning 4.

14. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

I thought they had been working on it for years? I was thinking the people that made Revelations and Brotherhood were different from 1,2, and 3

15. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

A main character that you liked. Conner just seemed like a giant douche nozzle

16. fl0at_

I'm sure they had been working on it for years, but rather than wait for a little feedback, they churn one out every year.

That isn't a lot of time to rework major aspects.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Haha it didn't inspire my trip but I certainly enjoy comparing my pictures to in game buildings. Which cities did you visit?

18. JohnnyQuickkick

Florence, Venice, Rome, San Gimignano, Siena, and Milan. Saw Monteriggioni from the bus otw to San G. Didn't get off because I wasn't sure about being able to get a bus out.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I visited all those except for Milan. I transferred trains in Milan to get to Venice, but didn't see the city at all. It was my first time in each except for Rome. Which was your favorite?

20. JohnnyQuickkick

There were things I liked about each. It's hard to beat the uniqueness of Venice, and I could just stand on the Rialto and watch the boats forever. Really liked Tuscany. Rome is awesome too. Best things about Milan are soccer and it's close to Lake Como, which is awesome. Other than that i liked it least. Siena and San Gimignano were cool half-day trips I think. Didn't need much more than that there.