Assassins Creed III

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BearCat204, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Agree about Venice's uniqueness, but I was ready to leave after about four days. I stayed out just sitting in San Marco Square until 4:30am one night with a group of people. It was a blast. Made friends with the Bangladeshi dudes selling the lasers and roses... Got some free shit out of it. They were fun to talk to. I really liked the water buses too.

I was pissed about Milan.... They played Chelsea in Indianapolis while I was in Venice. I had passed through Milan a day or 2 earlier, and been to tour Chelsea's stadium only a couple weeks earlier, yet they were playing in my home state.

Rome speaks for itself.

I agree with the half day in San Gimignano, but I think Sienna needs more time than that. I stayed with a professor who has an apartment there, and the one day wasn't enough. The culture there is amazing, and hearing the minute details about it from him made it that much better. I loved the campo too.

Florence is the first place I want to go back to. We got a private tour of the Uffizi with that professor the day it was closed. We even got to go in the Vasari corridor, which crosses the Ponte Vecchio. It was unreal. Got to tour the Machiavelli villa in the countryside as well. I sat in the chair where he supposedly sat while he wrote The Prince.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

That's the reason it was such a good hiding place for Desmond and the team.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

yeah, it looks exactly the same except maybe smaller

4. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I dig this series but won't be buying Black Flag new. I've only played AC III one time through (even though I enjoyed it) and haven't had the desire to play it again. I've played all the other ones at least 2 times.

5. fl0at_

I got the itch to play 3 again last night.

6. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

It's weird for me to not have played it again. I typically get a wild hair to start over from the beginning and haven't. I have been playing Skyrim for a few days now though...still discovering new places too which is what I really like about it.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Haven't quite finished it. I like it better than 1, probably close to 2. Don't like the way you earn money in 3. Too involved and laborious. I miss just checking up on the chest at the villa.

I think a decent idea, might not be a huge seller, though, would be to remake AC1. Add more missions and take out all the super repetitive side missions.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'd buy this. Make it flow more like 2 and 3.

9. fl0at_

I barely remember 1, because it was so repetitive. So good idea.

My first run on 3, I got a ton of wagons and just bought and sold all kinds of goods, constantly.

I remember losing a wagon, and didn't get it back til nearly the end of the game.

10. fl0at_

For money, though, just skin every animal you see. And when you have to climb a tree for a viewpoint, just throw out a trap and some bait. Should have something by the time you get down. Especially on some of those trees that are a pain in the arse.

Then just sell that stuff to the city folk. If you do a lot of fast travel, you can knock out several wagon shipments a game.

11. fl0at_

Almost bought it today. Didn't...

12. fl0at_

If you have old game saved data, you can unlock outfits for Altair, Ezio and Conner.

Game so far sucks. But can find at redbox, apparently.

13. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

It's gotten really good reviews so far. What don't you like about it?

14. fl0at_

It isn't Assassin's Creed. At least not as far as I've gotten.

At this point, I'm randomly sailing around, fighting naval fights for the desired goal of making money so I can return to England and be rich.

That, so far, is the plot. I'm technically speaking not an assassin, not working toward their goals, but I can take contracts, and sometimes there are Templars.

They are looking for something to control the world. I'm looking for that same thing... so I can sell it.

15. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

How's the diving feature? Any good?

16. fl0at_

Haven't gotten there yet. You need money, and I keep spending it, and I don't consider it a major investment at the moment.

If it is anything like whaling, it will be kinda dumb.

17. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I did see a clip on the whaling and thought it looked pretty cool. Not so much?

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Another underwhelming assassin's creed game? Color me surprised.

19. fl0at_

It is pretty much just a side arcade game. You spot your target, you keep throwing spears at it, it attacks you, eventually you kill it. It can be really hard in a storm, but other than that, not that difficult. And kind of repetitive after a while.

Diving puts a new twist on things, but you can't fight underwater, at least, I haven't been able to figure out how. So basically I just swim around and hide in grass so sharks don't eat me. Really friggen annoying.

Boarding ships got old like 50 sea battles ago. You have to board to get 100% of the stuff on the ship (like sugar, rum, wood, metal, etc) for upgrades and money. And you have to clear the deck, or kill a captain, or do combinations of XYZ. And then you have to choose to lower your warning level (think grand theft auto, but with "pirate hunters"), repair your boat, or send it to your online fleet. I usually just repair, as I like a high warning level because hunter ships are pretty decent. But every. Single. Time, it shows the repair cutaway and I don't know how to make it stop. I'm tired of it.

I've gotten to the point where I just sink the ship and take like 50% of the supplies and crew, because it isn't worth the extra time to board and see that stupid cut-away.

And here is a little trick that shouldn't exist. If you get a high warning level, and a pirate hunter or two come after you, and you don't think you can win... before they target you, fast travel to a fort that you've captured (capture forts). The hunters will follow you, no matter where you fast travel to, and then you can use the forts mortars and cannon as well as your own to sink the hunter ships... Then just fast travel back to where ever you were.

20. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

It sounds as though waiting until it's $20 was the right call. I'm sure I'll have fun with it. Can you play it online?