Assassins Creed III

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BearCat204, Oct 12, 2012.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Yea, but I'm not sure how many will be playing it online by the time you play.

Game honestly makes me think AC3 was better than previously thought.

But, maybe you'll like it. I just think it sucks. The outside the animus story is kind of interesting... but also still pretty terrible to execute.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Soooooo do we ever find out what happens with Desmond?

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

yep

4. fl0at_

With more detail in IV.

And I will say... story has a hole or two.

5. fl0at_

Unity will be set during French Revolution. Alpha footage is out.

6. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I think I am pretty much burned out on the AC franchise. Black Flag was good, it was just the same as the others before with small changes and different environments IMO.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I skipped the last two, but the next one looks interesting to me.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

I liked 3 ok but less than the Ezio series

9. fl0at_

October 28th.

[​IMG]

10. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Fl0at,

I picked up Black Flag this weekend. Kinda upset I waited so long to get it. I've had a blast playing it...

I love the ship aspects of it. I haven't made it too far into the main story so I haven't "learned" how to dive yet. My crew singing sea chanties cracks me up. I haven't heard this song in years so when my crew starting singing it I laughed for a good 5 minutes:

[video=youtube;q-O-78QLLWg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-O-78QLLWg[/video]

11. fl0at_

It is fun, just got repetitive for me.

I think I had more fun towards the end, trying to go after Legendary ships. If you want to know what that is, pick a corner on the map and sail until it tells you to upgrade. Do it anyway.

Then fight or flight...

I put pretty much all my money into my ship. I found an additional chanty or two.

I didn't dive all the spots. I meant to, but I got caught in the story and ended up just finishing the game, and haven't gone back yet.

Sail around and capture forts. Gives you an anchor. They aren't that hard, just swerve their mortars and tach back and forth. Use your own mortars pretty heavily and you can usually crush them pretty quick.

12. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I don't think I've progressed far enough to use mortars yet. Either that or I don't know how to use them. I've taken down a few of the easy forts. I'm trying to beef up my ship as much as I can. Taking down and boarding schooners isn't a problem but taking on a convoy can be a little challenging since my ship doesn't have that much health. I haven't played too much of the story. I've been sucked in to sailing since leaving Nassau.

13. fl0at_

Mortars will help. Get them, or at least up to them.

With convoys, focus on the lightest ship and just nail the piss out of it until you can board. Board as soon as you can, which I think you can do even in a fight.

Take that ship and use it to repair (which will restore your health), and then take on the next one, with a full kit and one less ship shooting at you.

14. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Finally figured out the mortars. They do help but I've only got one right now. I upgraded the amount I can carry and beefed everything else up as much as I can. It's a task finding metal for upgrades. In the main story line I just finished building the pirate cove.

15. fl0at_

Don't waste your money buying the bar and whore houses and all that jazz.

The "discounts" you get aren't really useful.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

sounds like the kinds of places discounts would be really useful IMO

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Agree.

18. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

So, I tried to take on a legendary ship last night. Not a good idea....

I got my ass handed to me the 5 times I tried to take her down. My hull strength isn't beefed up enough to withstand her running into me. That alone takes me out. I did get the blow pipe though. Pretty sweet...

19. fl0at_

Haha.

I'm surprised you tried 5 times, man. You gotta beef your ship up, and then you have to kite it a little bit, although its mortars are pretty rough, too.

20. fl0at_

Should have asked a few posts up, do you use your spyglass?

When I was hunting metal and junk like that for upgrades, I always used the spyglass to ID ships, and if the ship didn't have a lot of metal listed, I didn't waste my time.