Assassins Creed III

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BearCat204, Oct 12, 2012.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i just got this a couple of weeks ago cheap, i haven't really gotten into it, but i don't feel like it's a reflection on the game so much as it is on me just not really wanting to. it looks good, and i like the controlled descent. climbing down sucked.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I couldn't get into Unity. At all. Not the story line, not the missions, nothing.

I still haven't finished the storyline.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I beat it but never really felt invested in it. I'm not sure why, but the Ezio storyline and Italy just felt so much more fun to me.

It put me off the series so badly that I never even played the free black flag game that came with my system.

I haven't even thought about buying Syndicate, but I may give it a look if it gets better reviews here and on the web.

4. fl0at_

Play Black Flag.

5. fl0at_

[youtube]3kGHHMc5dqE[/youtube]

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Might as well bump this one too. Anyone played the new one? How is it?

7. fl0at_

I liked it. The fight engine is kind of cartoony at first, but you get used to it.

I geared up and leveled up really quick. The 10% XP boost I got in the preorder glitched and kept repeating.

Getting resources for crafting can suck, but if you do the fight clubs with Jacob, you can get lots of resources quick. Progress to about 4th sequence in memory to start making money.

Even the side quests are somewhat fun. And there is a side story set in WW2 London.

Easily switching between Jacob and Evie made it somewhat more entertaining as well.

It was fun.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Hmm intriguing. How much time did you spend on it? Worth spending the $60 on it, or should I wait til it drops?

Also, if you were to put Unity and Syndicate on a scale from 1-10, where would they fall?

9. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

How long did it take to go through it all?

10. fl0at_

I had 10 days to play. Playing only evenings, I got through most of the story line. Not a lot of the side quests, some of which were pretty fun.

You can run through it pretty quick, depending on how much you want to accomplish.

I'll pick it up again right after Christmas, and probably finish it out.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Any other opinions on the latest installment? I've had it for a few months and still haven't even put it on my Xbox. I'm trying to decide whether I want to go ahead and play it or just take it back.

12. fl0at_

I like it.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Significantly better than unity?

14. fl0at_

Oh yea. Why not rent it at redbox for a day and decide whether to keep or return your purchased one.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Too late.

I wondered how long it would take for Dickens to turn up. Not long at all, was the answer.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Forever wondering why I must punch my enemies 20+ times when I'm holding a giant knife in one hand and a hidden blade in the other.

17. fl0at_

Put experience points in your combo kills.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I have. And I do the combo kills, but there are still a number of times when I find myself throwing an absurd amount of punches for a guy carrying knives.

I also have no idea what the main missions are. Right now all I'm doing is taking over blighter territory and hunting ghosts with Charles Dickens. Is there ever going to be a story to this game? Im gonna run out of territories soon.

19. fl0at_

There is a story.

Where did you last end? Switch to Evie (in start screen, hit the right thumb thingy button -- push the thumb thingy in). That should switch you to Evie. Pull up map, go to (!) as usual.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I've played as Evie a decent amount. Only stuff I see is on the train. Are those the main missions?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016