POLITICS ATL Police Shooting

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

To look out to them? What?

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Take a look at them. See if it is something you might want to do.

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

But not being caught off guard and getting a weapon stolen by a drunk guy (that was out numbered 2 to 1) in that scenario seems like a minimum job requirement.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm a white guy who lives in the city of Baltimore. It would not be in my best interest to "badge up" in this place at this time.

5. fl0at_

Not about your best interest, but ok.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Seems important -

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

They probably were afraid the drunk guy they just shot multiple times was going to get away from both of them. Again.

VolDad likes this.
  8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

In todays culture of trying to make things sound worse than they actually are (LA Times editorial from earlier comes to mind), I'd be curious to see what these two actions actually looked like. When I hear that someone "stood on his shoulders," I picture a guy with a foot on each shoulder and all of his weight on the person. But why on earth would the guy do that? The much more likely action seems to be that maybe he was standing over the guy with a foot on his shoulder, which, while also not okay, isn't as bad as the former. Similarly, what does "kicked him after he was shot" mean? Like, walked up and full swung the leg to legitimately kick the guy? Or nudged his body with his foot to see if the guy would move/respond?

That these questions even come to my mind piss me off because they are 100% a bi-product of the "yellow-journalism" Norris mentioned earlier, which has become the new normal.

Butthole likes this.
  9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

10. CardinalVol

justingroves likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why not step aside if under investigation? Why do we need DA's that are in for 20 years? Arlington just primaried one out. There was no real issue, it was just time for something new. Everyone is replaceable and it isn't serving the community if there is a distraction like this. If you are cleared, run again in the future.

12. CardinalVol

Power.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  13. fl0at_

Nice.

14. CardinalVol

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't like it and suspect that is part of the root problem.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Netflix special coming soon.

17. CardinalVol

Part? Majority IMO

Volst53 likes this.
  18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That is basically the whole problem.

19. CardinalVol

Well, time to see if Sherman has any descendants around to lead another March through Atlanta. We just need to start from scratch.

justingroves likes this.
  20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So apparently this same DA recently charged/prosecuted officers for using/pointing a taser and referred to a taser as a being considered a "deadly weapon" under Georgia law.

Also, they're charging the officer with aggravated assault for kicking Brooks, claiming that the shoe "which, when used offensively against someone, is likely to or actually does result in serious bodily injury." So shoe = serious bodily injury, but taser does not = serious bodily injury? Unless it's the officer pointing/using the taser?

What a shit show.