POLITICS ATL Police Shooting

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

DA: The other office has agreed to be a state's witness

Other office: Uhhhh... no I didn't.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Thought I read that the officer just heard a bang and a flash that sounded like a gun shot and that's what lead him to fire.

Seems like it was lawful but an awful situation

justingroves likes this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I get that the contradiction in terms of the taser is problematic. However, if my choice was between getting tasered or having a grown man stomp on me with work shoes on, I'm going to take the tasering. JMO, I could be wrong or get tasered in the crotch and have a bad time.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I had not heard that, but that is actually an explanation that would make it very difficult for me to convict him if I were on the jury. That's pretty reasonable doubt for me. And I am definitely not inclined to his side.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

We talking the average lazy American or a badass.

That definitely changes the equation

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Yeah I can buy that story especially if the officer doesn't have a history of abuse.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Idk man. I just feel like most people are unable to look at this situation rationally based on everything else that's going on.

This dude was on probation with previous convictions of False Imprisonment, Battery and Cruelty to Children. He was obviously driving drunk. People have put out this idea that he "just wanted to go home" or "they could have called him an Uber and sent him home." And then who's on the hook when he decides to drive drunk again the next night and kills someone? The idea that they should have let this guy go when he was clearly driving under the influence is insane, to me.

And then you have the DA talking about how Brooks was fully cooperating and non-threatening to the officers.... Uhhhh... yeah.... until he resisted arrest, stole a taser off of one of them, and then attempted to flee the scene? One of the officers apparently suffered a concussion from hitting his head on the pavement during the initial struggle.

And then you have the GBI coming out and saying they weren't even consulted before the DA brought these charges against the officer.

I want justice to be served, and I do believe the officer needs to be held responsible in some way, but everything they are doing/saying is so unreasonable and disingenuous that I find myself having to defend the damn officer. It shouldn't be set up this way.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The DA probably didn’t consult the GBI because the GBI is investigating the DA.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Blood leads, that's an old newspaper saying

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

"If it bleeds, it leads"

SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

You ever been tased?

Pfft. I'll take the boot stomp 100 times out of 100.

justingroves likes this.
  12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Yeah, he sounds like he has his own problems.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have not.

14. CardinalVol

I was "volunteered" to be tased about 6 years ago on a group visit to a police training academy. He got me for 2 seconds and there's no way in the world I'd ever want to experience the full 5. Stomp on my nose with a boot. Have at it. Just don't tase me bro!

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I understand that, even though I have never been tased. That said, I don't think taser can result in a broken rib, or a ruptured kidney, spleen, liver, etc. Getting boot kicked is freaking dangerous, depending on how hard someone decides to go at you.

16. CardinalVol

I'll take my chances.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

You can bite the concrete from a taser.
    I got in a fight with 2 cops a few years ago in memphis. Took the baton from 1 and gave him a whack and i held my knife up but they let me go and kinda just observed where i went and didnt give chase. Whew.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’m sorry, what?

dknash, doolmeonce, IP and 3 others like this.
  19. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

When your $elling new$, you need a hook.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

need more information