Atlanta Braves Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by SetVol13, Nov 1, 2011.

1. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Holy shit, just watched the last two innings from the replay.......holy shit that was awesome

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

What happened?

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Came back from 5-1 in the last 2 innings. BJ Upton tied the game in the 9th with a HR. Then Justin won it with a walk-off.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Awesome. I started watching Cuse vs UM and forgot about the game.

5. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

6. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Samardzija looks pissed. Probably gonna call up Brian Kelly and see if he has any hot new leads.

7. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Most of that was all due to a mental breakdown lol

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Will be cool to see that when they do it against a real major league team.

9. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

He looked like ****ing Kenny Powers.

10. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

11. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Haven't verified the math, but a friend just texted me that J. Upton is on pace to hit 135 homeruns this season.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

5/6 = 135/162

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

It would concern me as a Braves fan that his homers are coming with 2 strikes. When you're on a tear or a hot streak that's fine. But that average is going to plummet if he doesn't shorten up. No one has success for a long period of time with learning to shorten up with 2 strikes.

14. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Geniuses, both of you.

15. dknash

dknash Chieftain

The pace quickens.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

17. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Paul Maholm looking surprisingly well early in the season. He has a complete tool kit on the mound ... I think they mentioned that he had thrown seven different pitches now that he's added that 65mph curve ball that loops in like a rainbow. His cut fastball to righties gets nastier every time I see it.

I was concerned about the rotation before the season but so far I was wrong about them. Maholm, Medlen, and Minor are all solid and I think Huddy will figure out to work around his velocity issues and the fact that his slider has, so far, lost a little bit of its bite. Teheran still worries me. I don't think he's ready to be here. His out pitch is his slider and he never throws it. What's going on?

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Bring on Beachy.

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Freddie Freeman is upset for being plaecd on the DL w/o his consent. "It's my career" he said.

Atlanta Braves place Freddie Freeman on DL for oblique strain - ESPN

He's being a baby, IMO. Maybe the proper protocol wasn't followed, but Freddie needs to bring it down, look at the big picture, and realize that he sounds entitled. The organization paying the big bucks has every right to make this call. I appreciate the desire to play, but players need to understand that they are generally no better than their replacements when they try to play through injury. The best thing is to get better.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  20. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I suppose the fear of losing your job to your replacement could one motivating factor for the statements but I can guarantee he won't lose his job to Chris Johnson. So, yeah, I agree with what you said ... just rehab and come back healthy and leave the drama off of social media.