Atlanta Radio says 3:00 Press Conference Scheduled.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by VolDad, Nov 12, 2012.

1. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I'm saying that until it is announced that he has been dismissed and his final day has been named and passed, he should be expected to carry out the duties of head football coach, including conducting the regular Monday press conference.

2. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I could agree with this if it wasn't the worst kept secret since Hart took over in Knoxville. Now that everyone knows, I don't think it's fair.

3. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Which of course is why there should be an announcement at once, and also why he should not finish the season. Nothing but negatives can come from it. I guess Hart must think making a coaching change as negative as possible is standard procedure for the UTAD based on past history. The players do not need his presence, nor should he want to stay.

4. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Guess you shouldn't scream at your boss in the hallway

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I can't believe he is going to continue coaching this team. The feeling is a mixture of bewilderment and illness. I want him gone.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

The whole situation seems strange.

7. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

That it does. Either Dooley and the rest of the squad are extremely well at playing off the inevitable, or everybody has jumped the gun.

To me, there seems to be way too many people who are damn certain that his fate has been sealed for it to be rumors, but I just cant imagine after the press conference today and what was said that they will come out at any point this week and pull the plug.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It's a circus. I don't think the 3pm presser is happening, though.

9. sellsman11

sellsman11 Member

Take video of this year's season and you should have no problem in court. Any judge can surely understand our mental anguish!

10. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

For what it's worth.. My buddy at 680 said same as what we all knew as of Saturday.............. if anything changed he would let me know. Also one tidbit he did give was if not our man, a comparable one with the identical pedigree's! But neverless a big name! I took that as he dont know crap! except no presser

11. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Say what?

12. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

With a bammer AD and a gayturd chancellor and a dawg's coach's son it's gonna be a cluster no matter what!
    Where in the hell are our TN people.

13. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Tick tock

14. robvols

robvols Member

Politics and owning the big shit

and

playing football

15. cotton

I don't see what's not fair about expecting a person to do his job until his last day of it.

I don't think I would care whether or not it was unfair if I did consider it so.

16. sellsman11

sellsman11 Member

3:03 and all is NOT well.

17. cotton

If I were Hart, I would let Dooley flop in the wind for as long as it took to get the timing right on everything else without a bit of thought about the feelings of the guy who was about to get a fat severance check after being fired for incompetence.

BoT and admin politics, the plan for the rest of the season, and progress toward the next hire should drive the timing. Dooley's status, at this point, is irrelevant.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

[video=youtube;PXgeeihsH2o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXgeeihsH2o&feature=youtu.be[/video]

19. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

My statement refers to the welfare of the team, not DD, although your way most likely would draw criticism from many in the media and a large portion of the fan base.

20. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

I hope they enjoy their 40,000 turnstile count against UK.

The only way I get over this one is for Gruden to say he asked them to wait until after the season to let Dools go. This is the dumbest method of termination I have ever observed. When the guy is toast he needs to go then. Clear the decks and let the players enjoy the remainder of the season. Keeping a fired coach around just worsens the morale and team performance.