Atlanta Radio says 3:00 Press Conference Scheduled.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by VolDad, Nov 12, 2012.

1. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

I can only imagine what it'll be IF (when) we lose to Vandy

2. I hate for my first post to reference a guy that I can't stand, but:

Florida’s Jeremy Foley has a philosophy when it comes to coaches: what has to be done eventually must be done immediately.

In other words, if you’re going to fire someone, do it now instead of later.

There are so many good reasons to make this move now (or several weeks ago), but our AD continues to look inept and show a lack of commitment to what should be a premier football program.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

If this lingers and Dooley is at the helm of a Vandy loss.....the blowback on Hart would be far greater, and more serious, than anything he could imagine.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Good post. Welcome to the board.

5. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

One would hope that this is all part of his master plan but unfortunately I thought the same about Hamilton only to be brought back to reality that hiring coaches is not the only thing we suck at in Knoxville.

6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I can see both arguments.

My opinion. If they knew after SC ( and I think they did, if not sooner) You do it then.
    At this point you let it go until the end of the season unless your game changer is ready to go public.

Welcome aboard. Post early and often.

7. sellsman11

sellsman11 Member

Do you still feel strongly about the Gruden hire?

8. I struggle to see any tangible benefit in delaying this move. Most signs point to the fact that Dooley is a lame duck, but we need something official. As long as he is the head coach, he is the face of this program and that's not a pretty picture. The page needs to be turned as soon as possible.

Of course, this desire to move forward immediately assumes that we are prepared and willing to hire a proven head coach and not a coordinator or Dooley 2.0 (a coach who hasn't proven he can win on any level).

9. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

Hey I got busy with stupidity and the people trying to work on it and with it!
    I take it nothing...my budro never shot me anything else.

Welcome Hong Kong

10. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

I am currently in the camp of let the blowback begin on Hart. I have seen nothing to tell me that the guys can beat Vandy. On the road going against a team DD humiliated on posted video after an OT loss last season. A team that just beat an Ole Miss coming from behind at Ole Miss. Stacy or not, they can easily score 35-40 points on our D. Vandy's D is more than enough to cause us problems. Going against a much better head coach. Another win streak dies IMO. Then they get bragging rights during recruiting season.

I am sensing Hart having an inferiority complex due to his past experiences. Like he wants to prove he is large and in charge no matter what. As I have said before nothing short of Gruden being hired and stating that he wanted him to wait will do it for me. Somebody lied today relating to the presser. Dools or Hart - maybe both. It's past time for all of them to quit lying and screwing over the fans.

11. Volsfan

Volsfan New Member

See i get it and i feel the same way. EXCEPT, the university is going to think about the student athletes, seniors, etc. They want to make a bowl game, they want to try and keep a constant. You gotta kinda think about them and all the BS they have gone through with Dooley. It's important for them to get to a bowl. I think that's why things are being hushed. Trying to keep as much calm as possible before the storm.

12. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

If Hart did in fact tell Dooley that he hasn't made a decision, it almost makes you think that either Dooley is lying or Hart is trolling.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

14. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Has a tough assignment in Vandy, That speaks volumes.

15. Oldvol75

Vince didn't agree with Derek about the last 40 seconds. Even Vince knows.

16. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Remind me again why Neyland was hired in '26?

17. Oldvol75

That was 1926, It should not be that way now. Its sad because we are now in a situation where we even have to worry about Vandy.

18. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I like to post questions to make a point, bad habit of mine.

No, it shouldn't be that way now and that we're worrying about Vandy would make me sick as hell if I wasn't already totally apathetic about this team. I expect us to lose now and if we don't I'm actually shocked.

19. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

It appears that is exactly what is happening. Dooley emotionally let on to the team that he'd likely not be here next year then took for for Hart in the press conference. That might have been Dooley's best performance of his entire tenure at UT. It appears he's playing ball as I assumed he would.

20. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Could be that in truth nothing yet is official but in reality Derek knows he's done but will be retained through Kentucky game. Keeps the focus on Dooley drama and off the coaching search. Apparently this is the way those involved with the search want it and it is going as planned.