Auburn at USCe

Discussion in 'Sports' started by DarthVisor, Oct 1, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

He put Garcia in a position to succeed. He put Garcia in a position to own that offense and make every opponent left on the schedule have their heads explode trying to scheme how to contain that offense. Instead, it became obvious: if you can keep Lattimore from killing you, Garcia will commit seppuku from the shotgun position.

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I honestly don't see how he can be considered "high level" at this point.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Last season and in the buildup to this one, he was considered The best pro style quarterback in the SEC.

4. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

I should have worded that better when I said he put him in a position to fail. That's not totally true.

What I meant was Spurrier asked Garcia to do too much. It looked to me like he never had any intentions of running Lattimore, which is baffling. He was hell-bent on throwing.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's Spurrier, though. You know that. Giving Lattimore only 17 carries is a crime against football, though.

6. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

We deserved to lose. If it didn't happen this week, it was going to happen in the next two or three weeks. We are overrated, and far from a top ten team.

Spurrier: We lost because we're not a smart team.

Ya don't say?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I had the same thought as I watched them play. "No way Garcia is going to look like this in Knoxville."

Also: "No way the officials don't add 2 seconds to the clock if it was us on D."

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

It means the official called timeout in a reasonable amount of time, but there just wasn't any time left.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And they were some pretty shitty teams on offense

10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Yep. Really nothing wrong with how that went down. Tough break, but South Carolina didn't get screwed.

11. WM

WM Active Member

Why the [uck fay] is Auburn winning games?