Auburn Stuff

Discussion in 'Sports' started by RockyHill, Aug 24, 2017.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pitino can't survive this, can he?

2. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Extremely doubtful.

Pat Forde @YahooForde
    Column: Louisville basketball should be given the NCAA death penalty if bombshell allegations prove true

I mean when Pat Forde, who's been a U of L hack for years, is writing stuff like this, it's over.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

No

4. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Bruuuuuuuce?

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I hope they burn down AAU and shoe company ties to college basketball and about 3/4 of the college game with it. Football has its bag men but basketball freaking institutionalized the shit. I'll enjoy this.

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Unfortunately it's catching on more and more with football.

The private 7on 7 passing leagues have some really shady shit going on in them.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Just follow the European soccer model: make these kids all professionals by the time they are 13 and get this stuff all above board. Sunlight is a great disinfectant.

8. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Auburn offering full refund on basketball tickets now. Shit is about to hit the fan.

9. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Pearl and Jacobs should both be updating their resumes right now.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

When will the AD and Bruce get fired?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Updating for what? This was pearl's third life. He won't be associated with college basketball again

12. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I've been busy and haven't dig deep here but it seems that Chuck Petson was acting against Auburn's best interests here. Not to say that makes any of it ok, but it's a little different than paying a kid to come to your school.

13. RockyHill

AD is functionally fired already. It could be a minute before he vacates the office though.

I've read some people (who know what they're talking about) say that Bruce COULD survive this. Who knows. All I know is that they've only scratched the surface on this investigation and Auburn is probably one of the less egregious offenders here. If it ain't a mess already it'll due until the mess gets here.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Bruce has too many skeletons in his closet and hasn't done anything of note at Auburn. No reason he should survive.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Reason #1, it's Auburn.

16. RockyHill

I mean I don't disagree I'm just saying that it's a bit unusual that you have a coach cheating in a way that doesn't benefit your program. I don't know what happens there. Look, we all know who Bruce is, but it's hard for me to take seriously the notion that Bruce was in on a deal that hurt his chances at winning. Chuck Petson was out on his own on this thing.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hahaha

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Oh to be young and naive again.

19. RockyHill

Wtf, care to elaborate guys?

20. RockyHill

Please point to the naive part. Thanks.