Austin and Cornish have been given their release.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Vols kick balls, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Cofer, too?

2. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

We ****ed.

3. Not sure. Haven't heard that.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Eh, didn't want them anyway.

Besides, we got a coach who gets technicals now.

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I'll give Tyndall credit for being ballsy enough to do it his way from the jump. He obviously didn't like that recruiting class near as much as I did.

6. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

I think he would have liked to keep Austin, seems like he was too attached to Zo though. Cornish apparently didn't impress him at all.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I think he may be looking for some guys at NIA.

Again.

8. tripper

tripper Member

If he tells Cofer to jump, he's an idiot in my book. You don't tell a legacy and one from Knoxville to hit the road the first day.

9. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

It is probably safe to say the recruiting trail is going to be filled with impurities moving forward.

10. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Well I really doubt he tells any posts to hit the road with our current post situation.

11. tripper

tripper Member

Don't know why. He just picked up several offers since Martin left including UCLA.

12. tripper

tripper Member

I really like Mike and I would hate it for his son to leave because I know UT is where he wants to be.

13. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I get the feeling that we didn't want Austin to leave and didn't care if Cornish left.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I think it was probably more of him doing the right thing. Those guys shouldn't be shackled to UT if they wanted to play for Cuonzo.

15. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

So Rob Lewis said that Austin's dad has been calling other schools since the day Martin bolted.

On Cornish, says he does not think Tyndall made a concerted effort to keep him.

I am with BPV... do the right thing and let them go. No need to add to laughing stock and bad press that Hart already created.

I am assuming that Tyndall will go grab several 5th year transfers and some JUCO kids. Didn't Houston have 2 kids that both just left with immediate eligibility....not sure if they landed anywhere or how good they were, but I thought at least one of them was decent.

16. hatvol96

Again, I'm not sure why we hired Tim Floyd twice removed when the genuine article was available.

17. hatvol96

Since that is a blatant NCAA violation, I'll be interested to see if Austin's father is asked to name names.

18. hatvol96

The two players from Houston are very good, but there's no guarantee they'll have immediate eligibility.

19. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

I said this in another thread but on the surface I'd be really happy if UT hired him however for some reason it seems like he's missed his window to having big-time success.
    ** Don't get me wrong being a NBA HC and wealthy is big-time success but really just mean having a high-level sustained run at a school.