Avengers: Infinity War (with spoilers - you've been warned)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lylsmorr, Apr 28, 2018.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Thanos as a good guy

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

The Cosmos stuff from mid 2000s on is peak Marvel. So any of those characters I can get behind.

Wouldn't mind seeing some deep cuts like Moon Knight either.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It did seem like they were trying to set him up to have that path as an option didn't it? The soul stone scene.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Decent Fantastic Four movie would be nice.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

They need to leave that alone for a decade.

fl0at_ likes this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Moon Knight may be better served as a Netflix series.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They need a proper Dr Doom

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Also down

9. NorrisAlan

I think Netflix is losing all of the super hero stuff when Disney (?) makes their own streaming service. I think I read that somewhere.

Dumb on Disney's part if you ask me.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Disney sells itself, though. Anyone with a child 11 or under will subscribe to it

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

You need to watch Marvel's Jessica Jones on Netflix.

It's more of an anti-hero type like The Punisher. No costumes, capes, masks or the like. There's a bar owner guy who turns out to have super powers, but he doesn't like using them. The title character is REALLY screwed up in the head (due to her recent past- more on that later in my post) drunk private investigator gal with superhuman strength & endurance (that really shows when she hooks up with the bar owner dude) who is trying to recover (and not succeeding) from a being mind raped/controlled in ALL ways by the bad guy whose power is obviously mind control. He uses that power on many different levels like manipulating women to do his every bidding and on many different people like controlling an entire police station to draw down on each other. That's all I'll say on that scene. Don't want to spoil too much of it, but I think you'd absolutely love the series. I could be wrong, and you'd hate it. Only guessing and trying to help here.

kidbourbon likes this.
  12. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

It’s set up imho, for what’s left of the Avengers to get the glove and bring everyone back. I guess,

lylsmorr likes this.
  13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It was a pretty good movie, but I'll stop there. It was really, really good for stuffing 20 lbs of crap into a 10-lb sack, but it wasn't without some problems.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They pulled it off a lot better than I thought they would

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yeah, that's a shit ton of characters to work through. It definitely had to be 2 parts

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I wasn't disappointed other than Howard the Duck being mia.

17. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

lylsmorr likes this.
  18. NorrisAlan

JayVols likes this.
  19. OrangeEmpire

lylsmorr likes this.
  20. OrangeEmpire

I'm terribly jealous that Marvel fans got to visually see on screen Thanos' obsession with death and his overwhelming desire to do what he thinks is a right but hard choice.

I got a Joss Wheedon pussied down Steppenwolf and lost my chance to see Darkseid tempt superman on Apokolips.