Avoid the rush, hate Georgia NOW!!! And game thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Savage Orange, Nov 7, 2021.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

When you actually feel like you can score points is such a different feeling than the last couple of years when you knew you had no chance if you gave up 24+

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Well, that was the first time the defense really looked listless the past few weeks. I have to think they're better than that

3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

In the words of a great sage, expectations are bad.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Not an excuse but I heard a coach say Ky came out with a couple of new sets nd blocking schemes early on that got us a little on our heels and slow to read.

5. chef65

chef65 Contributor

I didn’t know we’re playing georgia until today. If we win, anyone can have my puny pecker. NYY, Heupel, Smokey, Aubrey Plaza, come one come all.

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

His passer rating would be good for 13th best all-time. He’s second this season to Grayson McCall, who is on pace to crush the all-time record.

The difference right now between McCall (216) and 2nd place (203) is the same as the difference between 2nd place and Hooker(190) at 13th.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
    utvol0427 likes this.
  7. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

Tennessee - 66
    Georgia - 3

8. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Halftime score Vols 20 Dawgs 24

9. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Take it for what it’s worth but one of the last guys on Basilio today was Nashville Lee. He was on maybe last 40 min range. Talked about how much money on Vols to cover and how the spread was off. Also pointed out GA’s defense maybe not a juggernaut.

My point? Any good hype is…good hype. Hype is 50% of the sport. Let’s see what happens but seems many expect us to over perform.

GA 48
    Vols 38

Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
  10. cpninja

cpninja Member

If this thing is competitive at half time we better [uck fay]ing win. I'm going to be pissed if I sit through a 5+ hour CBS game and we lose

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I definitely get more mad when we seem to have a chance to win and lose, rather than a total blowout. But that's absolutely silly of me. I think I can live with scoring 14 or more points and at some point making them sweat.

12. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

For the Vols to score more than 14 even if we lose close say 34-28 or 20-17, some would call that a moral victory, these days people don’t value that honest effort. But IMO the NCAAF community respect for our staff and roster would be momentum for next season along with a decent bowl.

Memtownvol likes this.
  13. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Where do you get your numbers from, the NCAA site has him 4th for passing efficiency.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have awoken hopeful. So cruel.

TDVol1989, hohenfelsvol and Volsdude like this.
  15. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

My fat ass has chosen to run a 5k this morning so I'll likely be our angel in the end zone tonight

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Give your all for Tennessee today!

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Tired of hearing about moral victory. We as people lose daily, weekly. Nothing at all wrong with competing and losing. Learn from it and keep improving. We can be fluky and teams play like shit every week and still get a W. No excuse stuff is silly.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've got to say, it feels good to wake up on game day looking forward to the football game. I have no idea what is gonna transpire but I'm pumped.

19. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I generally get more mad when I get my hopes up, although this year I’ve done a pretty good job in the Pitt/Ole Miss/Bama games about being on the edge of my seat without having my hopes up too high. That’s a nice balance and is much more enjoyable than just getting caved in in the second half like in Gainesville.

20. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

i only snapped v KY and USC. And KY it was Burrell missing the INT. But that worked out better for us