Babysitters (teachers) in this state will continue to be

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by ItsBusinessTime, Jul 18, 2013.

1. shit all over by this administration until they simply refuse to show up for school, in mass. Many parents simply do not care about their children's academics and you are nothing more than babysitters to them. They don't care that Haslam has come after your pensions, collective bargaining ability, tenure, that he's "improving" education by taking away the rewards for advanced degrees, and they don't give a damn that he wants to link your licencing with your pupil's tests scores. Oh wait, actually that last proposal is from Kevin Huffman, the education bureaucrat guy who's job was created out of thin air by "conservative", "small government" Haslam

2. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

[video=youtube_share;1ytCEuuW2_A]http://youtu.be/1ytCEuuW2_A[/video]

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It's just a job. If it really sucks that bad look for something else.

lumberjack4 likes this.
  4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Won't be a popular stance, but I like you.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think this would be more effective for non-teachers if you could tie this in to your job performance.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

no offense intended to anybody, but good luck with that with the degrees prospective teachers are leaving UT with.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i've been told teachers could make 3 times their salary in the private sector. i'm confused by your statement.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

Early childhood education degrees? Education degrees in general? Doing what? Maybe I'm wrong.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

What's going to be really fun is when for-profit schools start really taking off and start paying the best teachers really well to come and teach for them.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

sarcasm my friend. the vast majority of teachers I know are unemployable in any other profession for various reasons. most of them being personality or work ethic issues.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

I should've caught that. I need to study sarcasm recognition under Dooz.

13. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

i know this is a little off topic, but i have several friends who are teachers, and the majority of them gripe/moan/[itch bay] about actually having to work. it's truly amazing considering they have more vacation time than anyone else(other than welfare recipients)

14. JohnnyQuickkick

Same here. Same here. And they get downright nasty if you say anything about it

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  15. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I love my job!

16. JayVols

Again, this isn't LA. The only private schools in my area are Christian schools. They pay $25k-$30k.

17. JayVols

I'll leave this to you guys. I should have learned by now to avoid this subject.

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Man, did I miss the memo or something? My calendar didn't pop up with a "hate on teachers day" reminder this morning.

19. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

My mom's a teacher. Growing up she would always complain to my dad about something that happened every single day at school. Things eventually got better when there was a change in administration, but if I hated my job as much as she did during that time I'd have found another job or moved to a different system instead of complaining about it for 10 years.

My mom has been a 4th grade teacher for 20 years (has been teaching ~35 years in total). Its sad, but in a lot of ways she's stuck at the 4th grade level. She has trouble doing math or thinking above the 4th grade level because that's all she's done for the last 20 years. I don't think she could do much outside of teaching just because it would take her a long time to adjust to something more demanding.

20. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

I'm not hating on teachers, I just mentioned a trend that I notice with literally every friend that is a teacher with the exception of one.