Bad Boys.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hatvol96, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

And, if he played for the Nuggets, nobody would've ever heard from him. Good for him that he was the goon on a pretty talented team, but he's nothing without being surrounded by those players.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Jordan, Magic, Bird, McHale and the rest of the pompous anointed ones have spent 25 years trying to minimize the Pistons. All the while, three of them have spent copious amounts of time trying to build teams in Detroit's exact image.

3. Unimane

How do you "discover" the 5th overall pick by another team?

4. hatvol96

"Pretty talented"meaning three Hall of Famers, a HOF coach, and three or so other borderline guys.

5. hatvol96

I guess you miss the part where he was immediately traded to the Bulls at the draft. I bet you think Chicago was picking Olden Polynice for themselves.

6. hatvol96

The high comedy part of it is watching Bird and Jordan, who are truly sorry human beings, talking about what bad guys the Pistons were.

7. hatvol96

Krause should have obviously listened to Jordan and traded Pippen for Walter Davis and never swapped Oakley for Cartwright.

8. hatvol96

Krause should have listened to Jordan and Pippen and gone after anyone but Kuckoc.

9. Unimane

Yeah, I'm aware. He was still the 5th pick overall. It wasn't like he was scouring the earth for the guy, nor was Pippen going to be a FA or anything. What exactly did Krause do in terms of building the Bulls, sans Jordan? Draft Elton Brand? Alienate all the players that got him 6 rings? The fact that he lucked into Pippen and had the greatest player ever doesn't excuse the fact that he was, otherwise, a pretty mediocre GM.

10. Unimane

I liked the part where he drafted Brad Sellers, Mark Randall, Stacey King, etc., etc. He had Jordan. It would've taken an utter and total catastrophe to **** up that team in Jordan's prime.

11. Unimane

Another diamond in the rough, Kukoc. Totally anonymous in Europe, despite winning 3 European titles and MVPs.

12. hatvol96

That explains why Jordan and Pippen were so supportive of bringing him in. Of course, Jordan's brilliant work as an executive shows he was the brains behind the operation.

13. hatvol96

A team that Krause aquired every single player on except Jordan. I guess he should have listened to Jordan and simply signed every UNC stiff he could have gotten his hands on.

14. hatvol96

I like the part where signed Steve Kerr, Ron Harper, and Dennis Rodman, traded for Bill Cartwright, etc, etc.

15. Unimane

I wasn't aware this was the argument. I don't know anyone who thinks Jordan is a decent, or even mildly poor, GM. The only thing I wonder is which is worse, Jordan's drafting of Kwame Brown or Krause drafting Eddy Curry?

16. hatvol96

Eddie Curry actually had enough talent that people kept giving him the shot to get in shape and stick. Kwame Brown wasn't even a particularly good high school player.

17. Unimane

How many players on those Bulls teams were irreplaceable? How many other players in the league, at that time, could have been slotted in for those guys and they still won those 6 titles? The Bulls won in the 90s because they had Jordan, Pippen, a dirty work guy at the 4 and some other players who weren't terrible. They flipped the roster between the first and second set of titles, except for two constants, Jordan and Pippen. Once those two were gone, the bottom fell out and the master GM sank that boat.

18. Unimane

Brown's still in the league, well kind of. The Sixers are a facsimile of an NBA team.

19. hatvol96

Right it's just that easy. Good to see you're one of the sheep who bought the Jordan narrative. Amazing he's never been able to do it, despite sucking badly enough that he's always had a lottery pick. Probably just bad luck.

20. Unimane

What narrative? You've inserted some straw man argument about Jordan as a GM that no one even mentioned. What does it have to do with anything? Jordan is a shitty GM, so, therefore, Krause must have been a good one? I only made one potshot mentioning Jordan as a GM after you, apropos of nothing, brought it up, but it certainly wasn't in the "narrative" of Jordan as a good GM, a story that doesn't even exist.