Bad Boys.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hatvol96, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Actually, check that. I forgot Drexler missed the first Rockets run and only has one ring. Still, the point remains that he is, at least, the equal of Dumars, if not better.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Big O has none without Alcindor and Magic would have several fewer.

I take you'd build around Laimbeer rather than Jabbar? Jabbar lucked into a lot of rings. Most teams couldn't win with such a gaping hole at center. Several of his teams apparently did.

3. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Bill Russell was a real sweetheart.

4. hatvol96

That makes you the second person on the planet who thinks that.

5. hatvol96

Kareem's value was evident in '80 when Magic played center and singlehandedly closed out Philadelphia.

6. hatvol96

Jabbar made the Finals exactly zero times in Los Angeles without Magic to carry him.

7. Unimane

Which is why Drexler and not Dumars made the Top 50 team as well as the Dream Team. The two of us were the only shot callers on that one.

8. Unimane

Magic and Robertson won exactly zero titles without Kareem and I love both of those guys.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

One game is of almost no value in evaluating a basketball presence.

10. hatvol96

Look at some of the names on that Top 50 team and some of the ommissions. It's rather comical. The "shot callers" on The Dream Team also chose John Stockton over Zeke. That tells you how much it was about basketball. They took a crippled Bird and a retired Magic. Obviously they were looking for the best players.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I'm there too. No center can get it done without help. Those LA squads were awful until they picked up Magic.

Hell, Russell played with more HoF types than anyone. He wasn't winning without loads of help.

12. hatvol96

Without Kareem, the Lakers are still great. Without Magic, Kareem was the guy getting run out of the playoffs by guys like Jack Sikma and Alvin Adams.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

we beat Kansas zero times without Woolridge.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Why Zeke? Who needed a PG with no D who's a shoot first type and decent passer?

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Those were simply better teams. You accidentally left off the casts.

16. hatvol96

Yeah, Stockton is on Zeke's level. Why stop there? Let's put some other overrated white guards in the mix. Why not take Mark Price? I'm sure Danny Ainge wasn't busy. Hell, just take Jerry Schisting. He wouldn't have take any shots.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I'm not saying Stockton was the guy. Zeke was left home because he's a turd. It wasn't about basketball. I'd have taken price over all of them.

18. hatvol96

Kareem spent that time playing with Norm Nixon and Jamal Wilkes. The idea he has bad teammates is just another way of covering up that he was a malingering piece of shit who only succeeded when guys with the juice to take the team away from him showed up. There's a reason his cancerous ass can't even beg his way into coaching job. Lousy human being, wildly overrated player.

19. hatvol96

Mark Price has never seen a day in his life he should have been allowed on the same floor with Thomas.

20. hatvol96

Isiah must be the greatest actor of all time. He managed to play for Gene Pingatore, Bob Knight, and Chuck Daily without playing defense. Duping those guys makes him an espionage quality role player.