Bad Football

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Dick Huffman, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I can't even begin to grasp how the game of football appears to the eyes of this staff. Today might have been a slight upgrade over the Precious years.

2. You are the worst.

3. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

3 pt loss at #12 Ga starting 5 freshmen on offense and put up 35 points after losing Worley for a quarter. I know there were some bad play calls and your reaction is probably going to be violent, but a little perspective doesn't hurt.

4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Yep, all those times we played toe-to-toe with much more talented teams in the Precious years.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Reminds me a lot of the Florida game last year. Opportunity after opportunity squandered.

6. Bdouble

Bdouble Member

I will take this over the Precious years any day

7. Yeah, we were only 19 pound underdogs. Considering that and all the other circumstances, yeah, this is basically the Dooley years. Great call OP!

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Worley getting hurt definitely killed the chances. I've given him hell but he's obviously the guy and tough as shit.

We're still playing with freshmen everywhere and our offensive staff stacks the deck against us at every opportunity. Unfortunately today our Bobo sucked worse than their Bobo. Gurley is legit and we don't give ourselves a chance to succeed sans a few drives. And wasting 2 damn plays and a minute to get the ball to North was all Bigeastian again.

9. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

Usually like your posts but you're just flat out wrong on this one.

10. limpleg

that sucked man. Kept getting the ball in good field position and couldn't get over the hump. OC had some great play calls and some bad ones. So many freshmen though. But how about our 2 Witten looking TE's?

I know that a lot of people were pissed off at the first half 3rd and 4 handoff to Lane, but I rewound it and if the center simply gets a shoulder on the stunting DL, Lane runs for 10 yards before anyone is near him.
    In reality, Worley threw for almost every yard to fresh/soph, a ton of true freshmen and we had a true freshman RB behind 2 true freshmen OL run for 100+ in Athens. I'm not, not pissed off, due to apathy. It's due to what's coming. As long as #12 doesn't take another snap.

11. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

This is it

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Crowder is awful. Need another tackle ASAP so Coleman Thomas can move to center.

13. limpleg

He's lacked focus and some of it has to do with trying to help the freshman to his right and not just focusing on his job. I do think he's getting snaps back to the qb faster than we did last year. If we were floating them like last year, we may have seen a DL intercept a snap and score with this year's line.

14. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Where is Weisman?

15. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

...had to do a double take, for a second I thought I was in the FF on TOS.

16. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

I will have to disagree as well. I hate moral victories, but this team is much improved on both sides of the ball. The OL is still very green (here's where a kick to where Dooleys **** and balls should be is warranted,) but even with that green line, we still put up 400+ yards.

17. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's in the doghouse but I don't know why

19. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

We had chances early and often yet squandered them all. Today wasn't a talent issue. We continue to look unprepared in every major situation that we see in SEC games. An out of this world catch by North against SoCar doesn't change that fact.

20. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Come on? Unprepared? Butch Jones will never be Nick Saban, but I dare say that this team is 4-0 with any semblance of a competent offensive line.