Barbara Jones

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Oct 2, 2017.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes

2. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I feel with her that she is worried for husband. All good wives are when their husbands struggle with their jobs. Having said that, let's just rip of the band aid and get this shit over with.

3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I actually do kinda feel bad for the kids, especially the youngest. That's gotta be brutal on Mondays after a game like that. Best thing that could happen for them is for Jones to go ahead and be terminated... C'mon Currie... Fire Botch, for the kids sake....

4. Calculon

Calculon Member

Not all wives get to watch their husbands get fired and collect a fat ass check that would set most people for multiple lifetimes. I’ll make sure to cry for them.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  5. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Corch Irving Myers's name is Irving Myers

6. rockytopblues

rockytopblues Member

I cannot get passed the fact that Butch agreed to let his wife do this. It's not like Chris Low approached her on his own, and she did it on his own without Butch's knowledge/input/approval. He knew this year was going to be shit because he cannot coach worth a damn. So now, after getting beat down by GA, this sob story piece by ESPN rolls out. This is an effort to tug on the heartstrings of a fanbase that he has lost, to show that he and his family are "real people" and how it affects them. Who gives a damn?!?! No coach worth a shit would allow this to happen, because he knows that fans want to win. Period. End of story.

Butch, you piece of shit, pack up your family and get out. I would be ashamed if I allowed my wife to practically beg for my job that I am getting paid to fail at. Eff you, you sorry bastard.

7. Savage Orange

Dang, rtb bringin' the HEAT!!

8. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I would NEVER do that! It's super douchie. That is how desperate he is. But, I honestly do not know what they hell is fighting for here. He is not going to be successful. He is not 1 player away, 1 play away, 1 signing class away.

9. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I've got the rocky top blooooooooooooues

10. BigOrangeBeech

Inches make the champion

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They had some similar piece about Dooley sitting with his family looking all sad, I believe after we lost to Mississippi State. Boo hoo. He's a jerk, basically a criminal, and he flat out didn't work for 1/3 or more of the time he was employed.

12. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

she may be right about us being close but I doubt her husband can ever win the division given the last two weeks performances. He finally has depth and has recruited well and the offense was totally inept.

Good recruiter check
    clean program check
    decent staff check
    x and o acumen No
    player development No

I didnt think he would be fired this year and hoped he would surround himself with people smarter than himself and that they could win. He may not get fired. But IMHO he will never win the SECC and never contend for a NC by continuing what he has done so far. We could end up with worse. Or better.

But if you arent catching bama you are getting further behind.

She is his wife so she thinks he is a fb genius. Well heck I may be accused of heresy but I dont think Saban is a genius and he is way smarter than Jones. Saban has a honed system that basically is on autopilot right now.

13. rockytopblues

rockytopblues Member

I've been fairly ambivalent to the season so far. We took the family to the ISU game, since my oldest is an alum. As far as the rest of the games, I've only watched part of the second half of GA. My life is way more peaceful on Saturdays without sweating this crap. I swore to myself after last season that I would not invest emotionally/physically/monetarily until that SOB is gone. However, reading that article just made me hate him even more. Leave the family out of it. If you could do your effing job, your family would be secure and here for life. Dumbass.

If we beat GA on Saturday, does that article run? Probably not. Just get out. Make it happen. Pay the douchebag his money and get him out.

14. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

15. Savage Orange

Need to get LSUFREEK to superimpose Botch's head over Humphrey Bogart's in The Caine Mutiny courtroom scene where he's juggling those steel balls in his hand melting down on the stand.... 'Ol Orange stain.....

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I have a 10 year old. Thought about it while he was at school this morning, if that was me, and how tough the days must be for the kid. And as a dad it's got to hurt.
    At this point I personally would consider resigning at a greatly reduced buyout and getting my family back home. Go coach HS. Its obviously consumed him and he's failed. Why continue the punishment. Just $?

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's hanging on to get every penny he can.

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

That's where greed comes in. He's got enough. Go teach. That's what he claims to be. Then go do it.

19. BigOrangeBeech

He's a con man

20. rockytopblues

rockytopblues Member

It's him doing what his agent tells him to do. Sexton wants to make sure Butch gets everything he can so Sexton can get everything he can.

Yes, it's greed, but I'm not so sure it is 100% on Butch for the greed. Also, if you know it is highly unlikely you coach at this level for this money again, you want all you can so your family is taken care of.

For me, it's this. If I know I'm on the chopping block at work because my work performance is sub-standard, I don't have my wife write my boss this woe-is-us bs letter saying if I lose my job then my family will suffer. I either pick up the effort and work harder, quit or get fired. That article just took it to whole new level. Even more so than the fake news and the past 2 years horsecrap he tried to shill last week.