Barcelona Terror Attack.

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by VolDad, Aug 17, 2017.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

CNN has some straight up hotties on the payroll right now. I think they finally figured it out.

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I'd go further than that.... We really don't have "news" anymore. Not in the sense of an Edward R Murrow/Walter Cronkite/Howard K. Smith kind of way. What we have now is 24 hour current events based entertainment. Whether it's Fox, CNN or any of the networks they're all blatantly agenda driven entertainment vehicles designed to appeal to your biases and keep you watching, as opposed to the traditional information based shows that don't either insult your intelligence or fan flames to keep folks riled up. I really don't watch any of it any more. If something is going on I'll google it and read stories from a few different viewpoints but I try to remember that I'm being fed a narrative....

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'll argue that like him or not that oreilly used to be good then just was around too long and started pandering too much. Hannity was ok until is was obvious he was going to jump from popular to popular ideas and make it appear that it was his views the whole time.

And I've watched brit Hume since the 88 elections. I will watch fox on election nights just because of him.

4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Brit is principled. I like him. Cavuto isn't bad either. I don't watch a lot of either, but they definitely aren't in the Hannity bucket.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

True or cavuto. I just haven't flipped over to see him in ages and he slipped my mind. But yes, he is good. Calls it like it is.

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

oh, 538 because I like analytics in pretty much any field

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I have never watched Tucker but have seen come videos. I don't know why anyone would appear on his show knowing the format (try to make the liberal look foolish).

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Exactly. And its not like you can even go on the show and win the argument, at least not from the audience's perspective. The vast majority of his audience simply isn't going to be open to the left viewpoint at all. It's Persuasion 101.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

hannity is awful

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

If he would just pull a Glenn Beck and admit that he is only in it for the money, I would maybe respect him slightly.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I always felt like he would beat some insignificant thing to death, like, the Gore masseuse deal. who cares.

12. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I read the 8th. That's it.

13. fl0at_

Y'all are my only source of news, no joke. I'm woefully uninformed.

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Then you would be shocked to learn that Mitch McConnell and Donald Trump are having a torrid love affair

15. fl0at_

Shocked wouldn't be the word. I mean, it makes sense.

16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Torrid, on the other hand, is the perfect word.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm right there with you

18. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I watch CNN anytime that I know that Ben Shapiro is going to be on. I take joy in watching him completely dismantle people.

19. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Also if you're a podcast fan, Joe Rogan and Sam Harris might have the two best out there.

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

More from CNN this time CNN’s Chief National Security Correspondent Jim Sciutto