Battered Vol Syndrome roll call

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Savage Orange, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We will run a play about every 18-20 seconds.

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Ugh...

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

At 51, I am tired. I will not openly root for another team, but I will continue to just watch football to watch football, because I enjoy it. However, I am self aware enough to know that we will win our first two games and I will be sucked back in only to have Florida rip my guts out, AGAIN, and that will do it for the season.

I am apathetic with a tinge of melancholy.

Go vols? whatever.

EDIT: Just realized Pitt is our second game. So, we will win our first game, and then PITT will rip my heart out.

Eh.

whatever.

Memtownvol, Daddy Gee and reVOLt like this.
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Defense is probably still going to be terrible, that's just the way Heupel is.

But yeah, watching one of the QBs here throw for 500 yards against shit teams will be alright

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm still a UT fan, but I just don't really care anymore. I don't get excited about UT football. I don't really care. If they're playing, I'll probably watch, and I will want them to win. But if they don't? Meh.

It's probably 20% me getting older and 80% UT football sucks.

6. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Maybe having a PhD is the new standard for ADs. Anyone who insists on the honorary title Doctor just because they hold a PhD in some bullshit subject is a wanker. If you're actually teaching than you can be addressed as Professor, otherwise put the PhD on your card and signature line if you like but otherwise [uck fay] off with the Doctor nonsense.

reVOLt and Savage Orange like this.
  7. Savage Orange

My father got his masters and PhD at UT and used to get his nose out of joint whenever he wasn’t addressed as “Dr”... It always seemed like a douche move but...

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

We hire an AD whose father has been AD at Duke, who has a douche of a brother...

and then we act shocked that he's arrogant?

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Literally the only reason I'm not burning every piece of orange I own right now is because I got home last night and my wife gave me a heads up that my son wants to give me money for my birthday to buy tickets so he and I can go to a UT game together this fall.

Why do I have to have such a cool kid? What other 11 year old thinks of that?

10. Savage Orange

A kid that will resent you terribly in years to come for accepting his money for THAT??!?

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

My kid has more money than I do. Kid is a friggin money man. Had he known about the Gamestop deal the last few days he'd begged me to get right in the middle of it.

Savage Orange likes this.
  12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

UCF South fan checking in.

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I don't consider myself to be very woke, but the Ole Miss nickname is a bit of a turnoff for me.

14. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Same here. They made a big stink about the flag and got it changed and the states flagship university still goes by the Rebels? Seems to me like if you change one you have to change the other.

15. Savage Orange

I can relate. My daughter just turned 15 and has a future as a loan shark to her little buddies at school...

CardinalVol likes this.
  16. Savage Orange

No offense, but folks who get worked up about nicknames of sports programs are annoying. If the substance of the problem never gets addressed, the symbolism doesn’t really matter.

17. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Literally read that quickly while doing something else and read that as I got home last night and my wife gave me head. I'm like well that's as good of a reason as any I guess. Because when your married - that kind of thing may not happen often.

Memtownvol and reVOLt like this.
  18. Savage Orange

Truer words have rarely been spoken on this site...

Memtownvol and reVOLt like this.
  19. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Pretty sure it was Rodney Carrington (who may not have been the first but I remember it from a comedy special) who said when the wife says I do she also says and I DON'T do that anymore.

20. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Well [uck fay]. That’s just great.

I’m going back to my line of thinking yesterday, I need to figure out how to get positioned for this job when White gets shit-canned.