Battlefield 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BearCat204, Aug 18, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I was so eager trying to get the plastic off the game package that it felt like I was trying to open a condom wrapper.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I had no special guns code.

I'll be on tomorrow night, we'll see if we can run together. Seems like teamwork is everything in this game. I did shoot two attack helicopters out of the sky with a tank tonight. The first time I was shocked, the second time I was like "aawwww yea."

I tend to roll engineer mostly. My buddy and I were doing an interesting tactic where I drove a tank as a support guy and he manned the gun on top as an engineer. He would handle repairs, and jump out and shoot a stinger at any attack helos. I would refill his stingers. Was working pretty well as long as we didn't get into too many infantry at once.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

i am strongly considering buying this game. i just don't know if i should with the new COD coming out soon.... plus im still really into NHL... don't wanna get too addicted to video games and flunk out! lol

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you think COD is the way FPS's should be, then don't by BF3. Totally different styles.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, we were ace squad every time, win or lose. You pretty much have to have your thumb up your ass to not be at least in the running for it, if you are squaded up with competent people.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm liking it so far. It's always a lot more fun when you are playing with people you know and can talk to vs. playing it with randoms.

8. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I [uck fay]ing own at this game

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

My buddy and I are devastating in the attack helos. I can't figure out the jets to save my life, and not having any flares doesn't help matters.

Bearcat, we should play together sometime. With you giving my buddy and I air cover while we are in the helo, we'd be unstoppable. Many games, we don't even die as it is and anything that moves on the ground is dead.

10. SmokeyVol.

SmokeyVol. New Member

I am back to playing Rush.

11. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Sure thing, maybe one night you will get on before the clock turns to midnight my time

12. SmokeyVol.

SmokeyVol. New Member

Cat.... Ry and myself wanted your air support last night.

13. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I got the game invite and was in the middle of finishing up some unlocks. When I tried to join you guys, it would never let me in because your server kept filling up.

14. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I'll be on tonite as well. Trying to open my next unlock which is the javelin. We should get a squad together tonite and run

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

When are you boys getting started? I should be on by 8 EST.

16. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I'll be on at that time

17. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Ummm IP......where the [uck fay] were you last night?? See, this is the shit Im talking about. I got all dressed up last night to party and you leave me standing at the front door and pull a no-show. [uck fay]ing [penis]

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

What happened to me last night:

1. An ecosystems services model I have been busting my ass on for the past few weeks had some major data formatting issues my team and I had to address. We got them mostly sorted out, but I didn't even get home until after 10:00 my time.

2. My roommate has been going through a rough patch in life, and has taken to sleeping on the couch. She doesn't mind if I goof off on the xbox, but out of respect for her I don't party chat or turn up the volume loud enough to hear a missile lock. I figure she gets at least 2 more days of such "good roommate" consideration before I say "[uck fay] it" and start calling 12 year olds [uck fay]-faces again.

3. I got an Error 68 last night, while playing a little with QP. I think I can fix it by disconnecting my hard drive, turning on the box, turning it off, unplugging the cord, reattaching the hard drive, and then plugging it all back up. We shall see.

4. My ethernet cord has crapped out on me, meaning I have to use my wireless which for some reason mysteriously drops signals with BF3 and BF3 only. I think I know a router setting that might help, and also I could just dig out another ethernet cord.

These are the barriers to me playing at my intended times.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I finally got deadly with the scout helos last night. I can pick fools off with the guns pretty efficiently, and because most people don't have the scout ranked up at all I can shoot down other helos too with the missiles.

I also discovered the joys of firing javelin system missiles at IFV's from the winglet of the scout helos.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

i can't wait til xmas break so i will actually have some real time to devote to this game. it's loads of fun.