Battlefront

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by govols182, Oct 11, 2015.

1. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I played the beta. One game of multiplayer. It was call of duty in space.

2. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Not many reviews are particularly positive, sounds like a pretty blah FPS with pretty star wars stuff.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Really? Damn, I was excited for this one.

4. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I mean, it's cool, but I don't know that I will pay full price for it. When it goes on sell I might pick it up.

5. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Or I could wait a year and 2 and get it in the vault.

6. WM

WM Active Member

Weird.. All I have seen is positive feedback on the beta. I think the beta is fun as hell. This game, Guardians and Fallout 4 are my must buys the rest of the year.

7. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

I love it so far....I think that the Achilles of the game is no single player campaign though.

8. TheSofaKing

TheSofaKing New Member

Star Wars call of duty is all I ever wanted - but it's way better than that anyway.

9. WM

WM Active Member

Plays more like Battlefield with it's EA ties.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I just don't like multiplayer. I hate that that's the way this one has gone.

11. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

I like it to a degree....But I think the whole lag issue makes for an uneven ground to play on.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

So...you wanted halo?

13. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

You do Halo a disservice by comparing it to Star Wars CoD.

14. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I think I'm going to to hold off until a price drop for this one and get fallout 4 instead.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Have a coupon for 25% off a used game at gamestop. Expires the 30th of October. If only it was the 30th of November.

16. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Wow....EA says they're revamping the Hoth Battlefront scenario because the Rebels kept getting their asses handed to them. The better feature would be to have team voice so they can communicate, but Hoth should be an extremely hard scenario to win based on Star Wars lore.

17. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

The Beta.......meh. Not bad, not great. I will say that it reaffirmed my expectations of this being a cash grab by EA.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Anyone planning to get this within a couple weeks of release (today)? I've always thought battlefield games are more fun with a group.

19. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Yeah, I've got a group of friends who are pretty hyped about the game. They were playing the early access pretty religiously yesterday.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm planning to read and listen to reviews for a week or so before buying, but if I get it, I know I'll want to play with people who will actually talk and work together (assuming it's going to be similar to past battlefield games).

I guess I should mention I'm on Xbox one.