Being White is a Privilege...

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by XXROCKYTOPXX, Jun 21, 2012.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

It may exist in some areas. In others, it doesn't exist at all.

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It does in the workplace.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Oh, racism is alive and well, no doubt.

Bs like attacking certain racial demographics for being privledged does absolutely nothing to help end it though. All it does is piss people off and imo make the problem worse in many ways.

The problem is the rational people in the discussion are drowned out by the idiots like these people.

4. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

What wars were masses of white workers coming back from in the '50s and '60s?

5. hatvol96

If you're doing it by the numbers, women have a far greater reason to be pissed off than blacks.

6. hatvol96

Who said the problem didn't exist?

7. hatvol96

How many of those white politicians have a net worth under a million dollars? There's a racial correlation, but the real divide isn't black v. white. It's wealth v. poverty.

8. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

And poor white folks and poor black folks are in the same position, except poor blacks most likely have an easier path to college.

9. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

The black students in my graduating class sure have had no issues getting jobs.

10. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

You guys should see this thread on the Memphis board. We have a few asshats that have devolved into saying that they are owed reparations and that the reason they don't work is bc of all those privileged white ppl working hard and not being lazy.

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

You mean when the unemployment rate for blacks was twice what is was for whites? And, are you really trying to state that there wasn't a very distinct badge of inferiority placed upon blacks in the 50s and 60s? That included northern cities, as well. Why do you think there were the numerous riots of frustration and anger in black communities during the 1960s?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  12. Unimane

For the record, I'm not anywhere near promoting these ideas.

13. Unimane

So, how do those white guys get to be millionaires, as opposed to non-whites, if there isn't some inbred sense of privilege? I do agree with you on the idea of wealth vs. poverty, to an extent, and I do think that divide is surpassing the racial divide. But, as I keep saying, to ignore the inherent advantages in the system in place for whites is absurdity. It exists.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Oh well, because it hasn't happened to anybody you know, that must mean it doesn't happen at all.

15. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

My problem is that yes, black ppl got off to a slow start. However, its been 150 years, when is time to shut up and work at fixing it instead of make excuses about why it happened?

16. hatvol96

Who said it doesn't exist? You have yet to show anyone has said anything remotely like that. The vast majority of the wealth in Congress is inherited or married. That only has a racial component in that whites have had a hell of a lot longer to accumulate wealth in America than blacks. However, I'm pretty sure the Obama girls or Grant Hill's kids aren't going to want for opportunity. Why? Because they come from wealth.

17. Unimane

So, why the [uck fay] are you arguing with me when I say it exists? Also, by having a longer time to accumulate wealth in America, wouldn't that constitute an advantage, or privilege? And, wouldn't Hill and Obama garnering wealth recently also fit along the lines of me saying the role of white privilege is diminishing?

18. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

So, now your argument has devolved to the point that only rich white families have this "white privilege?" I thought all whites had this privilege. That's what you were saying 30 minutes ago.

19. hatvol96

I simply pointed out the idiocy of your "chosen isolation" theory.

20. hatvol96

Again, point me to where I denied it exists.