Ben's Thoughts: French Election

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by ben4vols, May 2, 2017.

1. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Usually consolidation of power doesn't lead to more freedom and liberty for the people. I think you can look at the fruits of the EU and see that to be true.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What is the perfect size country, then? And is the world better off with 200 countries or 10000 countries?

3. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

I dont think thats his argument. The EU was stripping nations of their sovereignty and creating an unelected bureaucracy to rule over everyone. Heck Thatcher warned of it long before the Brits got suckered into it under Blair. And I dont believe Blair and his ilk were suckered I think they sold a bill of goods to the public knowing full well what the long term agendas would be.

Not that I am a fan of Le Pen, she seems anti-American, but she has immigration right and the French will suffer some more from un-assimilated Muslims.

"A federal Europe by the back door" -Maggie She "wiped the floor" with them.
    Maggie at her best:
    [video=youtube;5TPpuIslzG4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TPpuIslzG4[/video]

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Norris, Ben likes the idea of Texas or California seceding. He's not even a unionist.

5. NorrisAlan

Oh, I am well aware of his statements on the rights of states to secede, whether correct or not.

This was a general question open to any really, as I often hear about "someone in California has no clue what we are doing here in Tennessee", for instance.

So what is the perfect country size, probably going from 150 person tribal unit all the way up to 7.5 billion world government? I am sincerely interested in this topic.

6. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

America would be better off if California would secede. I am all for Calexit.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

150? Google sovereign citizens. Or better, YouTube it.

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

California contributes far more than it takes. I'd do away with a ton of other states before California.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Bama is #1 by a wide margin.

10. NorrisAlan

Bama is the only reason I am cheering on Global Warming.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't think the differences between California and Tennessee should impact their ability to be in a union together. It means there needs to be some thought toward what laws should be handled at a federal level and what should be enforced at a state level.

12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Let it be known that I don't give a rat's ass what anyone thinks about my views, particularly alt-right, pro-fascist douchebags. If I'm in direct opposition to these folks, I'll wear that badge with more pride than Seb Gorka wears his pro-nazi medal to inaugural balls.

Have a great day!

13. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Can someone define for me what "alt-right" means?

I like you, Jay, and i want to make sure I'm not one. I think I'm regular-right, but I'm certainly more regular-right than Lyndsey Graham, and I don't know where regular-right ends and alt-right begins.

14. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Apparently alternative right having to do with white identity

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...tionalist-clinton-breitbart-spencer/94273282/

15. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

16. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Richard Spencer is considered alt-right. So go from there I guess.

17. GahLee

Go hug a tree.

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Anyone who the media wants to marginalize is alt right. They still can't figure out our their shit sandwich of a candidate lost so, Russia, racists, alt right. Not to say that these people don't exists, but apparently anyone that voted for Trump is one.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

19. GahLee

They exist for sure. They have virtually no influence however.

20. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Depends on what you are measuring in regards to what they contribute.