Best Coach in the SEC East

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Sep 25, 2016.

1. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Barry Odom is the best. Head coach for a grand total of 4 games during his long tenure thus far. Let that sink in for you other 6 dumbasses.
    oops I am sorry he did coach 1 yr of high school in Missouri.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

IMO, if he would hire competent coaches on the offensive side of the ball he would look golden.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes, but so far he's trying to

4. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Butch actually seems to be good at running a PROGRAM. Good recruiting, great performance in the classroom, relatively few incidents off the field, and a good motivator. As far as that aspect is concerned, his only weakness is being a jackass post game. But, he just is not good at actual game coaching. And I think he fears hiring smarter or more innovative coaches than himself. In political terms, great at stump speeches, not a policy wonk.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's great Sunday through Friday. He's God awful on Saturdays

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you can't fix a broken offense over the course of 3 seasons or find someone who can, you're not a good coach.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Title does not say head coach so I am going with Bob Shoop.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Nah. Prep sucks. The offense is stupid every day of the week and that's where he lives. I also suspect that the Guys are repulsed by him.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't think the offense is stupid by design because it's very basic 2x2 and 3x1 stuff. He's just way too timid in how he runs it.

10. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

He did hire Shoop. No QB coach is real problem, Debord is a real problem. Azzani is a real problem. The offensive staff as a whole is pretty awful.

11. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

But we were assured that this was the BSIA

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

No, it's stupid in that it telegraphs the run direction since we never go the same side with it. The QB has to keep for the back to run near side.

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

You think he's great at player development? Our players are basically where they're gonna end up as Freshmen.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No, I'm just talking about selling a program and off the field stuff.

He's pretty bad at everything to do with actual coaching, but that's only about 70% of what he's actually doing. That's why your coaching staff is important.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I put that in the timid camp of running zone read while not wanting to let your QB keep it.

Once we start running Dobbs and attacking the middle of the field, this offense is a [itch bay] to stop.

16. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I believe this is inaccurate.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Some guys get drastically better, some actually get worse.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Spot the other team two scores and we're golden

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

But it neuters our best offensive player. Crazy to me.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I disagree with it too but he's afraid to let his players play unless they're down or completely out talent the competition