Best Coach in the SEC East

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Sep 25, 2016.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Specifics? Especially on his side of the ball.

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I said defense.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

He doesn't coach them - ever. The defense hasn't really gotten better. I don't see the SC program helping enough. I don't see guys in position. If Jumper is the best we have at reads, there is no coaching.

Sutton was good when he got here. Kelly has seen more offense. JRM is the same guy a little larger. Barnett is the same and crashes like he hasn't been told anything.

Hell, they have to get some better by eating and lifting, but it's not a very broad improvement.

4. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Okay. We're just talking development. I don't care about giving credit to Butch. Defenders have developed.

Barnett didn't arrive on campus a first rounder.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Yes he did. Last year was down for him and this year has been decent. He hasn't dominated. He has been very good.

All of our draft types arrived in that mold. The line has gotten worse, Dobbs is the same, WR position baffles me.

On D, we have 5 stars across the front line and it doesn't show.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

That, at least, showed in the second half the other night

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Florida didn't have a run over 12 yards all night and Barnett had two sacks in the 2nd half. They showed out for 30 minutes, at least.

8. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Some gonna gripe just to gripe

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I'm not. We talked about development.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

But they mashed us in the first half. A miraculous half of fortunate passing TDs shouldn't be what we need against an offense as bad as that one and with backup QB.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

He seems to have gotten better. Jennings is another. Hell, hes is in only his second year playing receiver and spent a lot of this past off season hurt. I'd say he's progressing pretty good.

That said, for every guy that has progressed during his time on campus, there's two that haven't.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I think we were lucky as hell they didn't audible. Screening behind Barnett would have hurt and badly. They kept screening right, even after we moved him.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

On the screen Mixon blew up, Barnett hit the rb before chasing the qb, it allowed him to be standing there waiting for the guy to catch it.

14. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

No doubt, but if there's going to be a turd in Atlanta every year, I'd rather it be ours.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I don't want to be the AFC of 80s and 90s. And that is what Butch might make us, at best.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Everyone might be until Saban quits

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This is true, but I have a very hard time just accepting it.

18. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I still think he'll **** it up before we get to that point.

I hope I'm wrong, but that's my guess.

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I hate to say this because standard should be championships. But if East divisions and losses in the SECCG could be guaranteed until Saban retires, I would probably have to take it. He has lapped the field.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It sucks