Best Position Players in UT history - WRs/TEs

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Some of the late 90s TEs were great blockers and decent receivers. Who was the TE who hit Pickens in stride on a deep ball via end around pass?

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Von Reeves

PilotFlyingJ and Ssmiff like this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Peerless Price was exactly the same except it ended in a national championship.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Got a dui before he enrolled

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Brad Cottam was drafted in the 3rd round and hung around the NFL for 3 or 4 years, I don't think he was ever healthy, in Knoxville or KC

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He had a lot of baggage, some real and some fabricated, and I think Fulmer (and his family) decided he’d be wise to get of town. Seems to have worked out for him.

7. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

1. The Dude with a Tude (Pickens)
    2. Alvin - We’re gonna wreck their world - Harper
    3. Kelley Washington
    4. Tim McGhee
    5. Willie Gault

6. Stallworth
    7. Kent
    8. Peerless Price
    9. Meachem
    10. Brett Smith

11. Thomas Woods

8. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Lol at Kelley Washington at #3. Most overhyped recruit ever.

And there is no way Brett Smith is a top 10 Tennessee WR in any way, shape, or form. Between these dog shit takes, and your Bo Pelini nonsense, I have zero doubt you’re just some dumb shit troll looking for bites.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Bret Smith caught like 11 passes

InVolNerable and IP like this.
  10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They were all touchdowns against SEC teams, though, usually the go ahead score late in the game

11. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Washington wasted his talent but he was physically dominant. Sure he didn’t have that many spectacular games but dude was talented. The LSU game was incredible. Brett Smith made some incredible catches. We don’t have to agree. It’s ok lil buckaroo

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  12. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Not that it factored into his dismissal but I believe he was also tied into a small town conspiracy centered around a teacher screwing. Could be confusing him with another legacy that Fulmer was forced to boot.

13. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

You're overlooking his production like @justingroves said.

Go back and look at the biggest wins during his time and you'll find him scoring a TD.

Exhibit A : UGA 2004

Memtownvol likes this.
  14. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Everyone here knows that my fanhood is centered around the 80s and 90s but what we all saw from Denarius Moore in 2010 still makes me proud. Everyone knew how he got here. Everyone knew how selfless he kept the team together while Gerald Jones showed his ass.

But the image of him in complete tears on senior day is the personification of what being a Tennessee fan is to all of us. That was a special moment from a special talent.

Edit: I say "everyone" multiple times when drinking.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
  15. JohnnyQuickkick

I’m not overlooking it, I just don’t think he’s anywhere near this conversation

InVolNerable likes this.
  16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Washington was a great athlete but he was also about 24 years old and lining up against teenagers at times. 24 yr old man should dominate kids who haven't hit their speed, strength, technique and instinct peaks.

InVolNerable and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I think a big part of that LSU game was secondary struggles from LSU. I know at one point, we had an offensive play around midfield where they didn't have anyone covering KW.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Might have been the single best call Sanders made at UT.

Lined up with the two tight ends out wide and put Washington and someone else inside. LSU secondary didn't have the first clue what to do.

TDVol1989 and Memtownvol like this.
  19. JohnnyQuickkick

I think I remember something like this

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

The play in remembering, we were going towards the north endzone and Washington was out wide on the west sideline. I've slept and killed a few brain cells in the last 20 years, so I may be misremembering some of the details.