Better Call Saul (and BB) Thread **SPOILERS INSIDE**

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by The Dooz, Jul 21, 2022.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Tired of beating around the bush.

I’m really glad that they didn’t kill Kim. And not because I think there’s a chance her and Jimmy will get back together. Mostly just because I don’t think I could have handled Nacho, Lalo, Howard and Kim dying in the final season.

Also, somebody pointed out that her gaslighting Howard’s widow was the shooting the kid moment that changed Jessie in BB.

I still want to call him Jimmy too.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This has been the best single season of TV of any show I can remember.

At the end of last week when they shows Howard and Lalo being buried in the same grave, it hit me hard. I don't know why, but it hit me hard.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yeah the Howard part was particularly stunning.

I think we always figured that Lalo would be killed and buried in the meth lab (at least since Gus hid the gun there) but I don’t think anybody though Howard would go in there.

I also read where some of the pics they used at the memorial were actual real life pics of Patrick Fabian.

4. CardinalVol

I knew he was a pretty avid outdoorsman, so I mentioned that to my wife when I saw them. It was a guess, but I figured a logical one.

I'm still not 100% Kim makes it through this alive, because there's no way they are going to meet in Omaha and have a happy ending.

5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Got a feeling that Walt and Jesse are gonna be in the show starting next episode.

6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Also Gustavo vs the Salamanca family might be one of the more underrated and entertaining rivalries of all time. Have throughly enjoyed how BCS has captured Gus slowly plotting the destruction of the Cartel that we see crystallize in BB. Will always be of the belief that the episode in season 4 of BB where he poisons the Cartel as being the best episode of the entire BB/BCS universe. Was absolutely riveting the first time I watched that episode

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

The crazy thing is, until the last episode of the first half tied everything together I thought it was good but not great.

But the last two minutes of that episode took the whole damned series from “fantastic but not quite on par with Breaking Bad” to “shit I don’t know, this may be as good or better”

CardinalVol likes this.
  8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’ve enjoyed it more. Does that mean I think it’s better? I don’t know. I would say that yes it is better. But I’m also a pretty big Odenkirk homer as well.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yeah I guess I shouldn’t rule out that she could still die, but I’m not really sure who would kill her at this point so that would be tough.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Watched Nobody a couple weeks ago. Some pretty decent scenes

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

When I say I thought it was good but not great I meant this season and not the series as a whole.

The series is definitely up there at the pinnacle of television. Was just worried Vince G and crew had finally lost it this season

My fears were unfounded

12. CardinalVol

When Nacho went down in the second episode I knew we were in for a ride. It has not disappointed.

At some point Sandpiper is going to pay out. I assume that's what really gets saul rolling, but I still look forward to how it plays out.

justingroves likes this.
  13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Well, even when his job is serving cinnamon rolls, ole Gene is still one step ahead of everyone else.

I’m curious if we go back in time again or we are all in Gene moving forward.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Wasn’t as pleased with that episode. We ff from Saul in a mansion to An entire episode of Cinnabon. No Mike and no gus and no Kim.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Don’t really need to see Gus or Mike anymore. We know how all of that played out.

We also saw what happened to the mansion, which we know he purchased after Kim left when he got the Sandpiper money, and went all in on Saul Goodman.

16. CardinalVol

Carol Burnette. LOL

I enjoyed reminiscing about early 2010s nebraska football.

No clue where this is headed now.

justingroves likes this.
  17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Thought that episode was brilliant. Perfect cool down before the home stretch

18. CardinalVol

So is Marion gonna kill Saul? Or be his demise?

19. CardinalVol

So, how do we think this ends?

1. Happy ending - he finds Kim and they live happily ever after(ish).

2. He gets arrested for everything in BB.

3. Someone takes him out?

4. Something else?

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

That he’s actively trying to stay in Nebraska, where Kim is from, leads me to believe he thinks he will reunite with her, or gives him the best chance to find her. I could also be making that up, but it’s hard not to ignore the Nebraska connection. I still don’t think it happens though.

I don’t know that his past will catch up to him in regards to the law, but it would be the most believable finish to be honest.

Or that anybody wants him dead, that isn’t already dead. Mike? Dead. Gus? Dead. Walter? Dead. Lalo? Dead. Maybe Jessie finds him and blows up his spot? Maybe the cabbie flips on him despite the laundry list of crimes he committed in the last episode?