Big Orange Soaked Hype Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Volgrad98, Aug 21, 2016.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

"The plan is infallible"

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

yeah, I'm just a simpleton. football is way too complex for folks like me.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I hear we might be trying some new-fangled "eye form" this year. Interested to see what that's all about.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

We did for the first half of the season. He took it upon himself to start running it and we had to go with it.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Next step after eye discipline. All part of a newborn's growth process.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

You can't see it, but to his expert eye...

7. CardinalVol

His expert eye can see turf monkeys that my high school coaches always talked about. they must live in middle of the field and jump up to bat the ball down.

8. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Gee I would, but there are too many variables. Injuries, discipline problems, etc. When I am almost certain as to outcome I will take your bet.

9. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

They definitely shielded him early in the season

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yep. Was on a tight leash until uga. He went AWOL when the uga boys started talking about his momma. Rocket scientist/waterboy hybrid.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

"My liquid hydrogen/oxygen rocket makes some high quality H2O."

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This. Several here can elaborate on this, and better than I can.

13. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Against Arkansas maybe, but I'm not buying that any lack of running on Dobbs part was an active effort to keep him from getting hit. He ran all over the place against Florida. I think conservatism on O can much more easily be attributed to Butch playing not to lose than protecting Dobbs.

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

How many audibles do you see Dobbs - a damned rocket scientist - call at he line?

15. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I'm not sure what that has to do with what I said...

But to the point, that's one of the things I think about when I hear "let Dobbs loose". Card asked about us letting him loose and in my mind that doesn't really have to do with him running more. The guy has run plenty and has never been cautious about taking hits.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We are already pretty big on letting him lose.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I take it as letting him run the offense, not necessarily run the ball more.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's not necessary because, according to Butch, "the system is infallible"

19. CardinalVol

both really.

let him be a threat on the option more often than he is as well as let him actually make some decisions out there.

20. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Yeah. I don't get the knock on Dobbs when the system dictates that you have to hav pro passing and elite running talent at the same time to put up numbers in this system vs SEC defenses. The passing game design is the worst in the league, if not the country. There is no intermediate passing game. All the routes are vertical or behind the line of scrimmage. That is insanity in a league where the there is NFL caliber players on most the D-Lines in the league.