Biggest Phony In UT History.

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by NashVol11, Feb 28, 2013.

1. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

There was a thread on VN for about 10 minutes (before it got inexplicably deleted) that got me to thinking: who's the phoniest of the phony? I think I'll go with Bruce Pearl, Trooper Taylor and [ddiapos]. Anyone I'm forgetting?

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Gerald Jones might deserve mention

3. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

I think Dooley has to take the title. At least the other two could do something positive for the program, however small a contribution

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think Dooley was more of a phony than Pearl. At least Pearl found his way to an Elite Eight.

5. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

But, each of the other two seem more simultaneously pious and immoral than Dooley does.

6. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

If that is how they really are then it really makes them less phony. They are jackasses but jackasses who contribute.

And after hearing the behind the scene stories of Dooley, I'd say that cements that opinion

7. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

I'll go with Tiny Jones. Oooooops, I meant Tony Jones. Fuqtard Supreme, imo. KNS slurping his johnson only solidifies my nomination.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Todd Raleigh

9. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

As much as I want Fooley at the top of the list, I second Groves here. Raleigh was even worse than Fooley.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

And it's not even close.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

All of our answers are post-internet. Coincidence? Are people getting phonier or do we just know more?

Or did Hamilton just like hiring phonies? Kiffin, Dooley, Raleigh, Pearl.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Growing up, my dad never told me stories about a bunch of phony coaches at Tennessee.

13. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

A Smith makes a good point here I think.

I'll cast my vote for all time phony Buzz Peterson though, and we can just end the thread.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

And Buzz.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Dooley was quick to brag about character, then sign thieves and ignore drug-dealing. He also tried to skew public perception into him taking the high road with guys like Bryce Brown and Aaron Douglas.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I gotta vote Dooley too.

17. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Well, I definitely agree with the first 3 and know that Pearl definitely had some skeletons. I just can't include anyone in the phony group that a-took us to the Elite 8, b-gave us our first ever win over #1 at home and c-gave us our first ever #1 ranking in men's hoops.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Peyton Manning

19. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

On most Vol sites, I believe that would constitute an auto-ban.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

That's why i posted it.