Bigwig Meeting Has Been Called

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Oct 1, 2017.

1. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Jones took losing to UGA to a whole new level.

2. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

I don’t know who’s on the list, but I do know that Peyton’s group went to Currie and Currie’s list he had compiled aligned with their list. I thought that was encouraging.

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I find it noble that folks want to do the right thing this time. First, where the hell were they 5 years ago. Second, too late.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Do you have a terminal illness?

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Better late than never.

6. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I really don't know that I can do the whole Gruden thing again. But what the heck, might as well ride the hope train...if it runs out it runs out.

I just hope we don't run in to a situation where we spend a lot of focus on Gruden, it dosent work out and we miss out on Kelly.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Wanted to be able to bring in players if they meet the SEC standards instead of Tennessee's set one and his assistants and their pay.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't get the trying to have slightly higher academic standards for the athletes stuff.

Everyone knows they won't have the same academic qualifications as the rest of the student body and certainly nowhere near the kids on scholarship for something other than sports. They do more good for the university by playing their sports well than by getting a B in some sports management class.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Horse manure. When I hear about a scholar athlete, I open up the old donation checkbook. WIDE. Especially when it's the second string kicker.

10. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Lol Currie tweeted about soccer a couple times tonight. Go read the replies haha

11. TennTradition

If they actually hire him, I agree. I just believe we got too far along last time - only to get scared - for Gruden to commit himself to that process again. Train has left the station.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He's also done a lot to make it known he'd love the job and would take it

13. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Edit: Nvm

14. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Come on Peyton...bring us Chuckie

15. TennTradition

I would say 'would have taken it.'

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

New dynamic now.

17. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Maybe alcohol and motor vehicle related? And also sweeping and rug related. IDK how reliable though.

18. TennTradition

Hey, I'd love it. And it really says a lot about Gruden if he's willing to go through it again.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

No skin off his nose. He also isn’t dealing the clown show that just retired.

20. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Didn’t catch the game tonight, but it looked like a lot of fun. At least one team on campus is playing well