Bold Prediction for Tonight (2/21/12)

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Feb 21, 2012.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I believe Syracuse would work over Duke like they were a mediocre JV team (just like tOSU did), and I would be willing to back up that belief with a non-trivial amount of money.

UNC is so high variance that I've given up on making predictions on their outcomes. But their complete obvliviousness to momentum is both (a) funny at times* and (b) would hurt them against a team like Cuse than can turn them over.

I think Kentucky beats Syracuse more often than not, but I think Syracuse has a better chance of any other team of beating them on a given night.

Question for Hat: who do you think is the second best team in the country?

*The other team gets hot, and UNC actually increases the tempo of the game. Plays right into the opponents hands. This is how FSU beat them by like 49 points. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I still think Ohio State is the biggest threat to Kentucky.

3. kidbourbon

See, I like tOSU generally, but I don't think they match up well with UK. I think Davis can neutralize Sullinger. And I think neutralizing Sullinger means game over.

4. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

And, I still think a 2-3 zone with big, athletic guys is the best way to play UK. That's why 'Cuse is the best matchup, in my opinion.

5. hardwoodfanatic

hardwoodfanatic New Member

Homerism aside, quite frankly the only team that can really beat Kentucky this season is Kentucky. Six players in double digits, too many options in too many places. You have elite talent that has bought into playing defense that you just don't see NBA prospects play much, at least consistently as a team. Anything can happen in a 1 and out format, but without something significant going down in a game (injury, foul trouble, etc.) they are just a tough tough out.

6. kidbourbon

After seeing the second half of the MSU game, I'm extremely bullish on UK's chances to cut down the nets. When they really start locking down on defense (as they did in the second half), it's a sight to behold.