Bombshell lawsuit filed against UT

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Daddy Gee, Feb 9, 2016.

1. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Seems to me that Cheek, Hart and Jones need to go. No need to investigate, just go.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Paying attention, as always.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

if they're smart. i wouldn't put it past the clowns in charge to thoroughly bungle it

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Should have kept the Lady Vols...

5. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Gonna be hard for me not to root for the lawsuit.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

If it's all true, don't feel bad about it.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Exactly this.

If they committed the acts, as alleged, they should get absolutely hammered, and I hope that they do.

8. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I remember having a dispute with a handful of guys on the football team my sophomore year because of something I said about one of their girlfriends. During a weight training they approached me and acted like they were going to jump me. Told them I can't take you all but the first that gets close enough is getting this 35 pound dumbbell upside their head.

What happened to Drae is bullshit.

9. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

With the disdain for Hart and Cheek from a certain faction of the fan base over the LV merger/name change/personnel changes, I am left wondering if they have had even the slightest backing of this lawsuit from behind the scenes

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If anything gets Butch, it will be the Drae Bowles stuff.

11. GahLee

Would've happened already you'd have to think.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No one was talking about it and Bowles left.

Now, it's brought back to light and there's no one to settle with to make it go away.

I'm not saying the supposed "rape culture" in the lawsuit isn't a big deal, but it can be settled out of court and it's gone away. Butch can also deflect that and say "I reported what I knew and my bosses did what they did".

The Bowles stuff, it happened in the locker room. Everyone knew about it.

I guess it all depends on how much digging someone wants to do and if Bowles wants to pursue it.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And you're right GahLee, it's probably a non issue. I'm just saying that it has a better chance of sticking to Butch personally than the rest.

14. GahLee

Kid earned my respect. It's obviously something that many would have ignored.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I hope he wasn't taken advantage of. I don't know what actually happened, you've got some saying she was raped and others saying she's a freak and she got caught.

I do respect him for standing up for a victim

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That Bowles article makes Geraldo Orta especially look like trash. Don't know if anyone remembers, but he was one of the guys that could always be found right next to Butch.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Any significance to the suit being filed in Nashville?

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I would say I respect him for standing up to what he thought was right, whether it was actually right or not.

19. midtownvol83

midtownvol83 Active Member

Yeah - wasn't the alleged victim his gf or something? Or the girl he was always chasing but could never have?

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It depends on what story you believe