Bombshell lawsuit filed against UT

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Daddy Gee, Feb 9, 2016.

1. dknash

dknash Chieftain

OKAY

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Based on his previous comments, I got the impression Bowles just wants it to go away.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Same deal with Crowder. Wouldn't matter what details came out and were proven factual. He speaks out and gets UT in trouble and he's the ultimate villain in his homestate. Nobody is going to volunteer for that.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Good enough excuse.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I know of one. If you don't mind rape stains. Might have some hobo piss on it now too.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Is this a Lifetime Original movie yet?

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm assuming this was just a generic statement instead of one directed at me personally.

My response: not according to the media. "Thug" is the super charged racial word of super charged racial words now.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Underrated post.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

It doesn't make any sense to use anyway. And that it seems to only apply to non-whites...

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I read the complaint, thought not in great detail, and Groves is right about Tim Rogers. He's mentioned extensively.

However, it also makes mention of Jenny Wright and I not so sure they want to hitch their wagon to anything associated with her at this point.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Meh. JFF sounds like a thug to me as well. Does that make it better?

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This sounds like it's going to get bad. Just heard it mentioned on the news headline of The Herd.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yes.

One, two, three, fo, FIF

15. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Twitter is heating up on Butch Jones

16. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

The kitchen used to be a great place!

17. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

tca requires certain lawsuits to be filed in davidson county chancery court. no idea if this is one of them.

18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Well, I was just ****ing with you and being sarcastic in general. The punk thing was some dude from VN that got real offended by the use of the word punk. Most people don't know the origin of the word thug so when they start saying its a racial thing I just discount them as idiots

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

A couple of things from my perusal of the document stand out in terms of bullshit, namely the section on Lil' Jon and the arrest Jalen Hurd for underage drinking. Apparently, UT is the only university to have young black men who listen to rap music. Quite a phenomenon we have going. I sure as hell that one gets zero traction. Also, the tossing in of Hurd's incident is garbage, trying to use a situation that has nothing to do with the clients contentions and muddy the waters. Ah! The Chewbacca Defense!

On the other hand, the culture of players attacking another player for pushing her to report a violent felony she experienced is very disturbing, especially if the coaches turned their heads or tried to bury the deal. And, of course, if the rape accusations are true and there are six of them, then there is a culture and leadership problem within the program to a very troubling degree.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

The origin of "thug" is precisely what makes it a racial thing. It is inherently implying they're murderous and rebellious conquered people who are giving the whites unnecessary trouble. Unless they're strangling travelers on the side of the road in a 600 year old gang, they're not really thuggish.