POLITICS Border Wall / Gub-mint Shutdown

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Dec 11, 2018.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

On the mall? This wasn't in a building, this was in a public walking area. I'm not saying the Native guy handled things right, I'm just saying staying firmly planted in place for no particular reason other than staying in someone's way is inherently an escalation. After all, what happened when he didn't? Nothing except the spectacle of him staying rooted on a mall, while classmates mocked the culture of the man with the drum.

Not directed at you, but the "banging on the drum" rhetoric is kind of silly, given the size and makeup of the drum.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Okay ya, that's pretty dumb.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Man, anytime I see my post has been quoted by fl0at, I know I'm in for it.

Do you really think the same people who wanted Trump were overly concerned with ending polarization?

VolDad likes this.
  4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It's a large open space. They weren't standing in a hallway or doorway.

It was an aggressive move against the boys.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

That is a very low threshold for aggression. I'll remember that.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

For a guy who won the presidency, I keep running into a lot of people that didn’t want Trump.

No. I think they are getting exactly what they asked for, whoever they are.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have noticed that too. Try mentioning Clinton, it should clear things up.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Do you ask if they wanted Clinton?

9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Ok, maybe I missed that. I really wasn’t seeing that. I did see them pushed as victims - now of Phillips, but of the twitterati. And I think that’s true.

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If you email Butch, he might even put you on a track of making a list.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Blaming Trump for the way that event was reported. Shocker.
    Its not my fault. Its him!

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I will suggest that, MAGA hat and all.

14. fl0at_

Of the ones that didn’t show their want via a vote for Trump, the vast, vast, vast majority wanted Clinton. Yes. And they say so. Just ask them.

It’s just the seemingly billions that didn’t want Trump, but that weren’t mad that Trump won (in November ‘16 because they took “the lesser of two evils”) that seem to be rather shocked and bothered by where we are, today.

And according to Tenny, they, that vast majority that chose a lesser, and are bothered by the fact that politics have become lesser... are gonna show us all again in 2020... when they do it again.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

a group calling your buddy a ni**** and a man beating a drum in one's face isn't aggression?

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Two different groups, and that is a hide frame hand drum. Not exactly ear splitting.

17. CardinalVol

Couple of points.

1. I think that the lesser of 2 evils group thought/hoped he would tone it down when he got in office. Oops.

2. Too many business people don't care how abrasive he is. We don't have a recession by November 2020, they will vote for him again, because as that wise sage once said, "It's the economy, stupid."

That said, if the Dems nominate hard left, I can see Trump winning despite all.

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

You must have asked them.

19. CardinalVol

There is also a group 3, the folks who don't like Trump but defend him because they hate Dems/MSM more. Situations like this weekend and the Buzzfeed report only harden their resolve.

20. fl0at_

And produce more weekends like last weekend.

People will get what they are given.