POLITICS Border Wall / Gub-mint Shutdown

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Dec 11, 2018.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Are you referring to what was happening years ago prior to the 2017 Tax bill?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Appears the refunds were happening and it was fraud, not a loophole.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

News stations run with stuff all the time that isn't true. It happens.

I don't rightly recall, but I believe you are skeptical of the news media, yet here you are surprised to read someone thinks they ran a false story.

It cannot be both. And yes, news runs false stuff regularly. It happens. It is the sad state right now of trying to be the first out the door instead of the first to be correct.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Also, and this will seem tinfoily but it is true, Fox has scarfed up a shitton of local news stations and has them regurgitate their narrative in the local, generally more trusted, news stations.

I imagine MSNBC may have done this, but I have not heard as much about that as with Fox.

6. Ssmiff

The story was evidently true Norris, except for the loophole. It was standard fraud instead. And the story i saw was local news and had a paper trail with $ of refunds listed by an accountant, not national TV news that tends to slant 1 direction and makes shit up.

7. Ssmiff

8. TennTradition

Prior to the 2017 tax bill, an ITIN number could be used rather than a social security number. I don’t know if there were other ways of claiming the tax credit as well.

However, since that tax bill, a socia secuirty number is required. So I don’t see how this is an issue today and all your articles (that I looked at) are from tax year 2016 or before.

Are you just saying - hey, once bad things happened?

9. Ssmiff

nope. Like I mentioned yesterday. Someone brought it up to me and I got home later to read a little about it. Didn't know the issue was addressed in 2017. Don't play a silly gotcha game with me.

10. TennTradition

Saying this doesn’t seem to be an issue today is a silly gotcha game?

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

That’s been a scheme in California forever. Everyone claims their neighbors kids including their own. I think computers checking have basically stopped this though

Ssmiff likes this.
  12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

They say that the biggest crime ever committed in the US was on the tax filing date which came after they started to require SSN’s for claimed dependents....millions upon millions of kids just disappeared, overnight.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

It does not have anything particular to do with illegals, though. Which is what you were originally saying?

14. Ssmiff

I assumed the ITIN was what allowed them to claim a dozen dependants in Mexico and get a refund from our govt

15. IP

IP Super Moderator