Bowl Eligible

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Lexvol, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

I’m old and forgetful. I was thinking of Joey Freshwater’s first and only.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

This kind of has to beat that, since we lost to GSU and will finish no less than .500 in SEC play in the same season. That's unreal.

justingroves, utvol0427 and Lexvol like this.
  3. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

When Pruitt said directly after benching JG that JG would help us win ball games at some point this season, I thought then, this guy just may not be the guy...and then for that to actually come true, he looks like a genius, because we all know how bad JG was prior to the benching.

Memtownvol likes this.
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Yeah.

We were complete junk on both sides at the beginning.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think if he wins next week, Pruitt will largely have mitigated the bad start. 7-5 is about what was expected, if not 6-6. He just can't drop any bad ones like that for awhile, if ever.

7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

IIRC, I was waffling between 7-5 and 8-4 in preseason depending on how optimistic I was feeling. Also IIRC, the over/under was set at 6.5

8. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Pruitt’s trajectory wil
    if Pruitt competes for champenechips here it was always going to be on a trajectory more similar to Dabo than Saban or Smart. He still has work to do on the Dline and at all the skill positions. Chaney is worth every last penny.

Memtownvol, hohenfelsvol and A-Smith like this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

His game management needs a look. Some weird stuff happens far too often with substitutions, clock management, etc.

10. cpninja

cpninja Member

I feel like we get at least one 12 men penalty every game, usually out of a [uck fay]ing timeout to boot

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  11. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

Several examples - but the most recent one I can think of is the end of first half tonight. Really frustrating to watch that.

But right now I am not too focused on it. I thought 7-5 was doable after Alabama, but this was the game that I thought we would lose and finish 6-6.

Memtownvol and Tar Volon like this.
  12. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

No doubt he is still learning on the job.

13. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

This is a footnote but we also clinched third in the East (after being picked fifth in preseason). Get that spot solid and then take down Georgia and Florida.

IP likes this.
  14. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Agreed.

That stuff is fixable.

A-Smith likes this.
  15. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

It’s getting awful VN up in here. I was ready to ditch Pruitt and he dug a hole. But if he finishes strong and can build on it in 2020 I can roll with it. If he goes Gary Barnett early next year, then he’s a no go. If he doesn’t then we need more pics of his DONT GIVEASHIT LOOK.

screw ddiapos

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

How is it awful VN in here? We are specifically talking about what he needs to work on.

17. TDVol1989

it’s a bit bandwagon praise based on the history here. But Jay is awol so...

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

My friend, there is no bandwagon left. It burned down many times over. What you see is what you get. Even the dumbest mouth breather on VN is not a bandwagoner. They're all wearing Clemson or Alabama gear.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

There are only two 2019 BCS opponents who will definitely not be bowl eligible: South Carolina and Vanderbilt. Mizzou plays Arkansas so they should get number 6.

But still, that's an unexpected stat. We will likely have ended up playing 9 bowl teams.

20. TDVol1989

so i will leave it at this. I was ready to bail on Pruitt. All he did was somewhat dig himself out of a hole he dug. He did avoid a meltdown which is admirable. But I need to see a better start in 2020 personally to buy in. That’s just where I am

utvol0427 likes this.