Bowl Guesses

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

To the contrary, preferences in butt flavorings was being discussed.

2. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

This is why I shouldn't jump to the most recent comment in a thread.

3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Mayo induced psychosis, lol!!!

Funny you would mention that, because I was fixing lunch this morning and noticed the expiration date on one of the Duke’s bottles was two months ago… fortunately I had some backup…

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I mean, who could tell the difference?

TDVol1989 likes this.
  5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Subtle, "it's still good as a lube" post.

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

So you’re saying I need to feed my wife mayonnaise?

7. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I'm not touching this one.

Savage Orange and IP like this.
  8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

So, here's my guess now

CFP Georgia
    Sugar Bama
    At Large Ole Miss
    Citrus A&M
    Outback Kentucky
    Gator Tennessee
    Texas Arkansas
    Belk Auburn
    Music City State
    Liberty Mizzou/Florida winner

I guess I could see the Gator taking a 8-4 Arkansas team, but that Texas Bowl just seems to exist for a SEC West team like them. Auburn may end up 6-6 with Bo Nix out. I just don't see a situation where we aren't the sexiest 7-5 team of the picks of us, Auburn, and State.

I can even see this absurd way A&M still gets an at large spot as well as Ole Miss, but it's a stretch at best, and not likely happening.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think Alabama beats Georgia decisively in the SEC championship game

10. Savage Orange

Past performance is no guarantee of future results, as they say…

But Kirby Smart loves to lose a big lead when it really counts also, so we’ll see…

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I still don't think Georgia has the QB to win it all.

We gave them a lot of issues on offense. if we're not playing with a defense held together with duct tape and bailing twine, it would been have a lot different game.

Also once we get a true starting running back in this offense, it's going to really open this offense up

12. Savage Orange

Maybe it’s just my Georgia hate showing here but I’m not super impressed with them. I think bama (even a “down by bama standards” 1 loss tide squad) is better than Georgia. Saban is certainly a better HC than captain buttcut. You could argue that for this year anyway, Georgia has better assistants but that’s about the only advantage I’d give UGa. The bammers certainly match up with them talent-wise.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

See, I watch this UGA team and I see a breed apart from everyone else. Their defense is one of the nastiest I have seen in a long time and I don't see an offense out there that is going to do anything to them. And their offense is potent enough and doesn't make enough mistakes to let the other team in.

Let's hope this is their LSU 2019 and in two years they are scratching their heads and going "What the hell happened?"

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Ga very well may be all that but they as of now have played 1 top 25 team.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I thought we moved the ball on them extremely well and left quite a few points on the field. Having Small as the feature back kills us inside the red zone.

The talent gap is going to dramatically close with the Alabama and Ohio State run they’ll likely have to make to win a national championship, and I still think their QB is the weakest among the two or so top teams.

Memtownvol, IP and justingroves like this.
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The offense isn't very good. I haven't been that impressed with their defense. They rely on out talenting people and their dbs aren't really that good. That linebacking crew is insane, though.

cpninja likes this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think that catches up to them at some point.

18. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

When Georgia and Alabama play, if Georgia plays them they way they played us, Georgia loses.

Memtownvol likes this.
  19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I definitely agree about Stetson. He doesn’t make a lot of mistakes but he is going to have to make plays against Bama and Ohio St

20. cpninja

cpninja Member

They look much better this year because the usual suspects(Bama, Clemson, OSU, etc) all are having down years too. This UGA team would get throttled by most of the past Bama/Clemson championship teams in the previous decade IMO but it unfortunately might be enough to win this year anyway