Bowling Green Pregame Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Aug 30, 2021.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm excited to see Hyatt in an offense that knows how to use him. Tiyon Evans, the JUCO back, could be a superstar in this offense too.

I want to see Jeremy Banks kamikaze himself on special teams

I want to see a defense that isn't confused

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  2. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I want to see an offense that's fun and gives you the feeling we're never out of it. Mostly I look forward to NOT seeing JG under center and pouting on the sideline.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

[​IMG]

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I wonder who translated his original speech into English for us in the captions.

5. Memtownvol

Memtownvol Member

This right here all day long! Stretch the damn field!

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I want to see Milton drop back on play 2 and throw it as far as he can, apparently 75 yards in the air. Hope we catch it but message sent regardless. Better guard us deep

IP likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Should probably try and establish that frame of reference for the defense early in every game.

8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

The coaching staff showing they actually studied and prepared for the first team on our schedule would be a positive step forward compared to the last time we opened the season at home against a non power 5 opponent.

NorrisAlan, Memtownvol and IP like this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I still can't believe they let that happen. Could have just pounded the rock when it was clear we were broken on offense.

ole_orange likes this.
  10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I can't believe they actually publicly admitted they overlooked GA State and didn't fully prepare for them as a ploy to garner sympathy and understanding from the fanbase. It was over for Pruitt after that, never fully recovered from that blight. Imagine an actual competent head coach like Saban not treating every game as if they were playing the Green Bay Packers in the Super Bowl?

11. Ssmiff

12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Pruitt was dead to me after that game. Georgia State whooped our ass too. We weren't even close to deserving to win that game by the end of it.

VolDad likes this.
  13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Saban credits getting beat by ULM as a huge stepping stone to getting the team to buy in.

14. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

justingroves likes this.
  15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I have a feeling Saban might have actually watched game film on ULM.

16. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I hope he’s added some air under his passes > 10 yards. In the highlights from last season even his deep throws were all flat lasers, which is why I’m guessing Michigan fans said he was so bad with the deep ball.

17. Ssmiff

Hopefully he's turned a 180 from health, attitude and comfortability with the offense. I think we will see a different player who has been thru some stuff and has a fresh start at an older age with a qb coach guru.

18. KyleAlexanderfan

A few people are saying Byron Young ruled ineligible.

19. Ssmiff

Oh no wtf

20. KyleAlexanderfan

Might be BS - haven’t seen it leak to VN yet.