Bracketology now includes UT

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Beechervol, Mar 5, 2012.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if cal loses in teh first round of the pac-12 tourney they could easily get bumped out. the resume just blows and they've sucked down the stretch.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

There are several teams currently projected ahead of UT that I wouldn't be at all shocked to see flame out in their conference tournaments. Northwestern, Seton Hall, South Florida, Xavier, Mississippi State, and UCONN are all perfectly capable of sabotaging their own tournament hopes.

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Im starting to think if Miss St. (RPI 64) loses in the 1st round and we win in the 2nd round (against Ole Miss RPI 41) we're gonna slip in and take their spot. Im not seeing the SEC getting 6 teams unless somebody puts UK out. And I think we will jump Miss St. in the RPI in that case. The only thing they would have on us would be a better overall record. As Card posted UTs RPI is 74 right now.

RPI for 2012-03-05 - College Basketball - StatSheet.com

4. Beechervol

Im gonna stick by UT getting in with a second round win. (over Ole Miss more than likely)

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

By the time Tennessee takes the floor Friday night, they should know exactly what they need to do to make the field. Every other bubble team of note will have already been in action.

6. Beechervol

Id agree with that.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, that sounds about right. And likely, one win will give Tennessee more than a puncher's chance.

How much would Connecticut making a run help our RPI?

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Right now UConn losing early is probably more beneficial than winning for RPI's sake.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Just to get them out of the bubble picture? Interesting, didn't think about it that way.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If you are on the bubble with us, I want you to lose.

We probably need a bracket bunker thread starting Wednesday when the Big East and Big 12 tip off.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'd root for UW to win the pac-12 tourney and cal, arizona, and oregon to lose early.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Zona is out, barring them taking the Pac-12 tournament title. They crapped the bed against ASU

13. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;nMCaHxZuf94]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMCaHxZuf94[/video]

14. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Obviously we all know I don't really give two flips about Tennessee basketball (but I don't hate them like many think). We also know I have CAA bias. That said, I DESPISE VCU. With the same hatred I have for Alabama, Florida and UNC. All that said, I think whoever loses this CAA Championship game has definitely played themselves into an at-large berth.

15. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I'd root for Cal to win with UW and Oregon to lose early. Think Cal has by far the best profile of the bunch.

16. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

The action gets going today. Rooting for a Seton Hall loss tonight and I guess UCONN early.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'd agree, but i can't see them not letting in the regular season champ.

18. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

as of Thursday of last week, I would've been hard pressed to give Washington (with an auto-bid) anything better than a 13 seed. Honestly, they could've been in the discussion for 14. Since then, they've lost a game, and ex hypothesi will lose in the tournament. I can't see any way they'd deserve it. If they get in, it shows that the committee cares a lot more about conference standings then they claim.

19. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

We need to be fans of UCLA. They can take out both Arizona and Washington.

Plus, I actually think UCLA is better than both of them. JMO

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

well you certainly don't want ucla to win the pac-12 tourney. and i completely disagree they are better than arizona or washington.